Murderous Love ➳ One Shot

Awaken by a feeling of eyes staring to my soul, I slowly and cautiously opened my eyes. Someone, something, was standing next to my now open window. I don't dare move. I don't dare speak. I barely even breathe.

I realized I was staring into the eyes of a menacing young man, maybe 20 years old. He still hasn't noticed my awakening, but he tilts his head to the side as if he can tell I'm awake.

My heart races, and I feel my hands start to sweat. I wish to wipe it on my pajamas pants, but that's to risky, I can't let him know I'm awake. Who knows what he would do if he knew I was awake.

The man takes something from inside his jacket pocket, then stares into my eyes. My open eyes. With those motions playing back in my mind, I realize that he knows I'm awake. So much for being cautious.

"Hello...?" I sit up in my bed so I have a better angle to look at him. His expression instantly changes when I say these words and sit up. He half-smirks, but he's careful to keep his menacing look.

"Hello," he echoes my words back to me. He steps closer to me, not taking his eyes off of me.

"W-who are you?" I stammer. The man takes a step closer. Him doing this reveals what he took from his jacket. A knife.

"Does it matter?" His smirk turns into a playful smile. I shake my head, and it's true, his name doesn't matter. But it'd still like to know who is possibly about to kill me. He balances his knife between his hands after wiping it off on his jacket. It leaves a red stain on his white shirt.

"No, it doesn't matter," I confirm. "Who are you?" I insist that I know who he is.

"I'll make a deal with you..." Whoever this guy is, he doesn't want to answer me. He sees me stop to listen, so he continues his sentence. "If you come with me - back to the woods - I'll spare your family."

He rendered me speechless, but not speechless enough. "Who are you?"

"Choose."

"Who are you?"

"Choose!" The man steps closer as he shouts. His eyes reveal that he isn't actually angry; he still has that playful look to them. If it wasn't do this, I wouldn't have the nerve to do what I did next.

"Who are you?" I ask one more time. He smiles and chuckles.

"I'm Clayton. Clayton Harrison," he informs me. "Now choose. Would you like to come with me, or die along with your family?"

I don't answer, I just stand up. Clayton is alarmed by my sudden movements and steps back. "C-can I leave a note? A note and a picture. F-for my family?" Clayton glares at me, still not talking. I go ahead anyway.

I grab my notebook and Polaroid camera. I take a picture of Clayton and I together without asking, then I start scribbling down a note.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Don't worry about me, I'm safe. Look at the picture, I went with this man to save you from a terrible death. I don't know if I'll ever come back, it's not exactly my choice, it's his. Please, don't forget me, and I won't forget you. I love you both. Tell my siblings I love them, too.

Love, Eve.

Then I set the note and picture on my pillow. Hopefully they'll find it.

"Let's go..." I mumble. Clayton walks me over to my open window. He gestures for me to go through first. I listen and do as he says. He follows suit right after me. "Why do you want me?" I ask him as he helps me off the roof. We go down the side vines that have grown onto the outside walls.

"You're pretty," that's all Clayton says. I stare at him, but he runs off to the woods, motioning for me to follow. I don't.

Annoyed, he walks back to me and grabs my shoulders. Without hesitation, Clayton kisses me. Dazed and confused, I just stare at him. We break, then he grabs my hand and pulls me to the forest.

His black hair flips and tangles in all directions as we run. His pale skin shines in he moonlight. He's definitely attractive for being a killer.

Something tells me I'll like my new life.