Alex O'Connel stole my suitcase

The train sways steadily back and forth on its old rails. It jostles and bumps, sliding me into the cold metal seat divider that shields me from the thin old man sleeping peacefully on the other side.

His seemingly fragile head rests against the foggy window and I frown as it leaves it's resting place only to slide swiftly back with the movement of the train.

The train moves again and I hold tightly to the divider and manage to stay in my seat yet again.

I look back over at the mans wan face, his mouth turned up ever so slightly in a grin. I can't help but envy his ability to sleep so soundly here in this dimly but still lit train.

Other than the sound of the rails and the occasional snore or cough of a passage nestled somewhere else in the small coach car it is silent and still. The wheels squeak and break through the heavy silence.

I grab hold of the divider again as this, the last car on he train turns sharply and hurls me towards the aisle. I wince as my hip slams into it, but I don't fall. After a moment the train settles and I sigh looking around.

To my knowledge everyone else in this car is asleep.

I check my watch (I find a good watch to be a necessity), it reads 1:28 am, Saturday the 13th of January. The date listen below the time on the large digital screen. This particular watch was a gift from Jake from this just past Christmas.

Jake, my best friend. He gave this to me when he came back from Afghanistan almost a full year ago. He served his country with nobility and how did they repay him? With no work, no home, and no money. So he stayed with me and he made my huge house a little bit smaller. He was honorably my discharged last February when he was shot it the chest. Jake my best friend, the one that I am leaving behind in Chicago. Why didn't I tell him I was leaving, I should have, he's hasn't gotten up yet that's for sure and he doesn't know I'm missing. He doesn't even know that I got fired yesterday, or that I was planning to go all along. Poor Jake. my

(Unfinished obviously, but I'm working on it.)