Chapter 1

Jaces POV
I walk into the Coopers house that I remembered as a kid, with Jughead right on my tail. I was now living with my father, sister and my older brother Jughead.

"Hey Jace, it'll be ok." Jughead reassures me.

"Ok but if he comes near me I expect you to be there" I said.

"I promise I will be by your side, but he has changed Jace, he really has." Jughead said as he grabbed my stuff and puts it next to the couch.

I have a bad past with my father. I wasn't really his favorite. Unlike Jughead and JellyBean. He was really rude and abused me but that was when things got bad. I am only a few months younger than Jughead so we are really close. He always breaks up the fights with me and my father and is always there to comport me.

"Wait he's not here." I said as I looked around.

"Maybe he's at work?" Jughead asked himself.

"He has a job, as what?" I ask.

"He's the new sheriff. He's actually not to bad at it." Jughead said.

"Oh, nice" I said as I fixed the sleeve to my leather jacket.

"Nice Serpent jacket." Jughead joked as he pushed my arm a bit.

"Hey when you introduced me to the Serpents, they treated my like a second family. They are like my second home, but now thanks to Hiram Lodge, he took that all away." I said as I kicked off my shoes.

There was a moment of silence until I spoke up.

"So, uh, where's my room?" I asked.

"You can have the attic unless you wanna crash with me and Betty." Jughead said.

"Wait, Betty's still here?!" I asked, pretty excited.

"Yea, her mom and sister moved in with this sketchy places called 'The Farm', which I don't want you to get near." He said as he looked around as if he was looking for security cameras.

"No I don't wanna crash with you to lovers, I'll take the attic, I mean at moms I did." I said.

"At least the attic here is much nicer than the one at moms." Jughead said as he laughed a bit.

"Ok well start to move your stuff in and I'll ask Betty if you an borrow some of her string light to hang up." Jughead said a He pulled out his phone.

"Ok, I'll be in the attic if there is a problem." I said as I grabbed my stuff and ran up the stairs.

*5 minuets later*

I already unpacked the little things I had into drawers. Then Jughead came up, arm full of stringed lights.

"Betty said you can use some if you want" he said with a smile.

"Jesus Jug, that's a hella lot of light, does Betty keep like a secret stash of them somewhere" I joke as we laughed.

"I'll help" He said as we started to string the lights over the support beams.

We finished a couple minuets later as we collapsed onto the old bed that was now mine.

"It looks awesome Jug, thanks" I said.

"Hey no problem, now, Archie is next door, you wan-" Jug started to say as I cut him off.

"Hell yes I wanna go see my other brother!" I yelled as I dashed down the staircase.

"Ok then" Jug said as he let out a little laugh as he dashed after me.

Archie was always a second brother to me, always protected me whenever Jug was out with JellyBean or with the Serpents.

I dash to the familiar house as I knock continuously.

Archie open the door.

"Jace!?!?" He said surprised as he engulfed me in a hug.

"Hey Arch." I said as I playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"Man I missed you J!" He said as he ruffled my dark, dirty blond hair.

"Jace?" Fred said as he came to the door.

"Mr. Andrews!" I said as I hugged ran to him and hugged him.

"When did you get here, I thought you wouldn't be her for another month." Fred said.

"My mom dropped me off as she was leaving here. Then Jughead came and picked me up from the bus station" I said.

I loved Mr. Andrews, he was like a second father, I would always call him to see how Archie, Betty, Jughead and JellyBean where doing. I would always come over whenever my dad got mad at me. I remember crashing on Archie's couch and playing video games with him. Fred taking us to Pops for a burger and a chocolate shake.

"Betty is at the blue and gold if you wanna go see her" Archie said as he put me in a playful headlock.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Oh the blue and gold, it's the schools newspaper" Jughead said. "I write for it actually."

"I suspect that all the way, you where always the writer of the family." I said.

"Well what our we waiting for doofus, let's go see my sis!" I said as I hugged Mr. Andrews and quickly pet Vegas as Jughead, Archie and I ran out the door to go see Betty.

As soon as we arrived I was astonished, the school looked like the fanciest thing I have ever seen.

"Wow, that's Riverdale High school?!?!" I asked.

"Yup, cmon Betty's right inside." Jughead said as we all ran in.