Wildflowers

I softly squeed Clove's shoulder as we both looked at these brightly dressed people cheering at us. Cheering for our deaths. It was sick, some sort of sick twisted game. Clove moved my hand off her shoulder and looked at me with cold, unemotional eyes.

"Cato, as soon as we get off this train. We're enemies. There can only be one that goes home, you know that. Your mother isn't well. She needs you-" I pressed a finger to her lips before she could go any further.

"Clove... You need me here right now, I might not even walk out of here alive. I've seen you with knives! You have a lot more chance than me." I sighed, caressing her cheek gently. She let out a short and cold laugh, which caused me to look at her in curiosity. I raised an eyebrow but before any of us could say another word we were both badgered off the train into the swarm of... Well, wildflowers is what I'd call them, but artificially coloured wildflowers.

Hours later we were sat on a sofa on the fourth floor of this well, hotel a la death. It was the first time since the train journey we'd been together all day. We'd not met any other tributes yet so we didn't get time to assess who the weakest links were and who to get rid of first. Maybe we'd discuss tactics when training starts but with what she said on the train I have a feeling she's not all too willing to have tactics with me. This was getting ridiculous. So I cleared my throat.

"Are we going to talk today or are you going to be a Clove and be moody for no reason?" I asked her with a polite smile. Hm. I'm pretty bitchy when I want to be thinking about it. Oh well. She just looked at me like if one look could kill. It'd be that one. "I'll take that as you're going to be a Clove? Well okay then. I'll be eating if you need me."

I shrugged and got off the sofa and stalked towards the food calling my name 'Cato... Cato...'

"Cato..." I blinked a few times, holy shit the food just spoke to me. As I blinked again it spoke to me again. "Cato." This time it was closer and I backed away suddenly wary of my surroundings, but as I backed away I walked into someone which caused me to spin around, completely on guard and pinned them underneath me. I heard a scream and looked at who was there. Oh... It was Clove. Oops. She lay there fully glaring at me. "Get off fatso."

"Hey! I'm not fat!" I poked her cheek and frowned at her.

"No you're just big boned." She smirked at me, but you could see that she was trying not to laugh. I took this to my advantage and raised my hand, Clove gasped as she realised what I was about to do. I slowly moved my hand closer and closer to her side until it touched her rib cage. I started to tickle her. She thrashed underneath me laughing and squirming. Trying to get free. Not a chance little flower. This one wasn't a wildflower. She was my flower.