25.

Elsa's P.O.V

I looked at Merida as she continued to process what I was saying. 

"Neither?" 

"Neither." 

"You chose no one?" 

"Do I really have to repeat myself?" 

She looked at me as if I had just grown two heads. "But-"

"Mer, I thought out of anyone you would be the happiest knowing that I'm not choosing a guy even when I have a choice," I said. Merida was known for being independent, and she constantly said that she didn't need a man to be happy, and I was happy for her. 

"It's not that, Els," she said. "Aren't you going to the Winter Formal with Eugene?" 

I sighed. I had completely forgotten about that. 

"If Eugene really was my friend, then he wouldn't mind this," I said. "After all, just because I don't see him as something more, it should be alright to just stay friends. I've tried my best to not lead him on, heck, I even told him that I never saw us being anything more." 

"Good for you," she said, giving me a friendly hit on the shoulder. "Besides, once I tell them then they can stop all of their petty fighting.

I laughed as we made our way to the exit. 

"Jack and Eugene have both made a large impact on my life, but I'm not a prize to be one. Unless I know what my heart truly wants, I'm not choosing anyone." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack's P.O.V

Shaking, I raised my sweaty hands, doing all I could to get my teacher's attention. Once she faced the class after finishing whatever she wrote on the board, she gave me a sideways glance, obviously annoyed for interrupting her class. 

"M-May I please go to the bathroom?" 

Shooting me with those disapproving, beady eyes, she nodded and turned her back once more to the board. "Don't take too long, I'm going to be handing out the worksheet very soon."

Nodding my head, I slid out from my chair, ignoring all of the strange stares as I raced out of the classroom and heading straight to the bathroom. I sighed in relief as I saw Hiccup inside, washing his hands. 

"Hic I screwed up." 

"Yeah you don't think--"

"Someone video-taped that fight I had with Eugene and now everyone's gonna find out about Elsa."