Scars

When I saw him in that car my heart stopped. I rushed home and heard my parents arguing in the kitchen but I knew I had to pay for Alex's bail. It was the least I could do since he got into fight for me in the first place. I didn't have much money but I thought it would be enough so I went straight to the police station. As soon as I walked in I saw Alex sitting there with his head in his hands. He looked up and saw me so I started walking towards him. Alex shook his head and pointed to another cell. I looked at who was in it and I couldn't believe it. It was Amber.

       "What the heck! What'd you do!? Why are you in here???" Amber looked up at me and said, "Uh.. well.... I may or may not have punched a teacher." I sighed and realized I had to make a decision. I looked at Alex then back at Amber. Which one would I bail? Alex gestured for me to go over there so I did. "You've known her longer than me and she's more important. I know you have to make the choice so just get Amber out of this trouble I'll be fine." As soon as he said that Bren walked in with the money to bail Amber out. She looked so happy I thought it was adorable. Since I didn't have to pay for Amber I could get Alex out so I did.

        Amber and Bren left before us and it wasn't that late yet so Alex and I decided to hang out at his house for a little bit. Since we didn't have anything to do, Alex and I watched a movie. During the movie we were cuddle up under a blanket. I looked at Alex's arms again and I could see a little bit of the marks again so I decided to ask him what they were. "Hey Alex... what are those marks on your arms?" He quickly pulled down his sleeves so they covered his hands "Uh.. nothing." I knew he was hiding something so I moved his sleeves up revealing the scars. He looked away and then back at me with sad eyes and pulled them down again. I could tell he thought I wouldn't love him because of a few scars. But in my opinions scars are battle wounds and memories, you shouldn't be ashamed of them. I rolled up my sleeve so he could see my scars too. Some old and some new. Alex looked hurt. All he could say was "You're my little soldier, we can be strong together."