Chapter 2

Of course my last class of the day has to be the ten minute walk from my dorm. I'm five minutes early to arch and design, and the only one to show up.

"Well Nelliena. I'm glad you showed up" He walks up to my seat,

"You look awefully pale Nelliena. You don't have to stay for this class or your internship tonight. Get some rest and let me know tomorrow how you're feeling. Go on. Go back to your dorm." He shoos me out the door. It's four PM.

I decide to go to Noodles and get some Mac n Cheese to go. Now I have more time to talk Jake. Either that or sleep. I walk in and see someone I've been dreading; Levi. He's been in love with me ever since I moved here and went to Ashley's bio class to meet her there. Now every single time I see him he asks me out. My response stays the same that I'm taken. How could I forget that him and his dumbass soccor teammates go here to try and pick up girls. Maybe if I stay really low he won't notice that I'm here. I walk up to the counter and order a small Mac n Cheese. The girl says it will take about five minutes so I sit down and call Rayne. It rings five times before she picks up.

"Hold on, let me clock out for my break." I listen to her talk to someone, a door opening, and she's back.

"Sorry about that. How are you feeling?"

"My headache gets better when I sleep, but like now while I'm up and moving it kills. I got lucky because my arch and design professor let me out of class and my internship because I look so pale. Right now I'm waiting for my noodles."

"Well definitely get a lot of rest, and drink water. You may just be getting the flu so take it easy. Now what's this big thing that we need to discuss?"

"I miss Jake. Like too much that I can barely even think straight without thinking of him. We don't skype anymore and he rarely calls me. It's killing me because I have no idea what he's thinking through all of this. Every day I think about what he's doing and if he's lying about being with other girls. It's honestly driving me insane. I trust him. I do but this distance is killing me. I don't know what to do."

"Well girl I think you should just tell him how you feel. I know he misses you too because he calls me asking whether or not he should just pack up and see you. He misses you terribly, but you both agrees that space was something needed. He's got to fix his anger issues and you're finally becoming independent. I know how much this space is killing you both, but it had to happen." I just want him here.

"Ashley told me to write how I'm feeling down and then find out what parts I want to send him. I'm just nervous about ruining what we already have for eachother."

"Order for Nellie?" I hold my hand up and grab my bad and hurry up before Levi can see me.

"Nellie!" Too late. I duck my head and walk out the door still on the phone with Rayne. She laughs,

"Who was that?"

"This kid that's obsessed with me. It's crazy."

"Just tell him that you have a boyfriend that will kick his ass if he doesn't leave you alone. That's what I always did." I hear the door open behind me abd a pair of footsteps run up and grab my arm.

"Hey Nellie." Ew.

"Uhm yeah I'm on the phone and in a hurry."

"That's fine, what are you doing later?'

"Sleeping."

"Well would you want to go to a movie or something?"

"Levi, are you serious? I have a boyfriend and you're damn lucky he's not on the phone because he'd come down here and kick your ass. Just leave me alone." I push past him and walk towards the dorm.