The Turnabout Defense Attorney

*Phoenix's POV*

[6:00 am
October 15th, 2019
Wright and Co Law Offices]

"NICK!" Maya shouted as she shook my shoulders. "What is it now, Maya?" I rubbed the side of my neck, only to turn around to see the news. "The news, Nick! The news! It's a murder case! We should take it on!" Maya looks excited as always, when a murder case is happening.

After I finished watching the news, I turned to Maya and nodded, she nodded back as if we knew what we're thinking about.

"Come on let's go, we got no time to waste and the trial is tomorrow, so we need to get as much as evidence as soon as possible." I said as I'm putting on my royal blue coat.

"Ready to go?" I asked Maya, "Of course I'm ready! We've been waiting for so long about this, and finally! A murder case that is right up our alley!" Maya says in an eager tone.

"Okay, okay!" I said as I put my hands up for defense.

~~~~~~~

[6:15 am
October 15th, 2019
Detention Centre]

"There she is.." Maya whispered to me, "she seems so innocent, I'm sure she wouldn't hurt anyone..." Maya whispered even more as she kept glancing over at her cautiously. "Hey..." I greeted the young woman.

 No response.

"She won't talk.." Maya said. "Please talk to us! We're not here to scare you away!"

No response.

"She's not going to say anything if you say that, Maya.."

"We're here to defend you!" Maya shouted.

The young woman looked up at Maya. And looked down. I'm guessing she doesn't want our help... Suddenly, she grabs a notebook, and a pen from underneath the table, and began to write.

"ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜʀᴇ?"

"Yes, we're sure! Right, Nick?!" Maya said as she turned her head towards me. "Of course we're sure! You can count on us to defend you in court!"

"ᴏᴋ. ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ... ʙᴜᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇs ᴀʀᴇ?"

"Oh yeah.. so sorry about that! My name is Phoenix Wright, but friends call me Nick, I'm a defense attorney, and only had been in 2 cases so far!" I introduced myself to the girl.

"And my name is Maya Fey! I was the defendant on the last case, and I was proven innocent!" Maya waved at the girl, she waved back.

Suddenly. She shot up from her notebook and looked at Maya with a surprised look.

"Something the matter?" I asked.

"ᴍᴀʏᴀ ғᴇʏ?"

"Uhm.. Yea? Why did I do something?" Maya said, worried on what might happen.

The girl began to scribble something on the notebook, which took awhile, but the notebook said this.

"ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍɪᴀ ғᴇʏ?"

"She's my older sister.. but yes... I'm related to her" Maya and I were shocked that she knew about Mia.
"How did you know about Mia?" I asked.

"sʜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ. sʜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ғʀᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴛᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴜᴅʏ. ɪ ᴀssᴜᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇʀ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴜᴅʏ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴛ?"

I was flabbergasted that she knew about Mia, and how she constantly talked to the girl about me. I became slightly flustered and broke the eye contact from the girl, and looked away from her.

"ʜᴇʏ... sɪɴᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴛᴛᴏʀɴᴇʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀssɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴜsᴇғᴜʟ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀsᴇ. ɪ'ᴍ ᴀsᴋɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɪɴᴅʟʏ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇғᴇɴᴅ ᴍᴇ."

I looked back at the girl and saw Maya glanced at the notebook, looking happy. I looked at the notebook, with eyes wide and eyebrows raised.

"Of course we'll defend you!" I said smiling wide. "Yay! We finally get to have another murder case! Wooo!" Maya cheered as she hugged me tight.

"Well, I'll inform detective Gumshoe about this, we will leave now to investigate, so don't do anything dumb, got it?" I said as I got off the chair. She nooded and gave me an "ok" sign from her hands.

Maya and I left the detention centre and on our way to Criminal Affairs.

[6:50 am
October 15th 2019
Criminal Affiars]

"Detective Gumshoe!" Maya said in a cheery tone. "What is it now, pal?" Gumshoe asked, "Well, the girl asked us to defend her." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Well? That's great pal! Glad she finally has a defense attorney on her side!" Gumshoe smiled.

"Ok, we'll be on our way to the crime scene now, so I guess I'll see you tomorrow in court?" I said in a nervous tone. "Yea, sure pal! I'll see you in court!" Gumshoe smiled, and waved at us when we left the building.