Chapter 9- a job

At lunch the next day Y/n walked with Scott and his friends outside. They ate on the lacrosse field and She watched as Liam, Scott, and Stiles passed to each other. Y/n hung out with Mason, Lydia, and Theo.
"Why? Why sports?" She asked as she shook her head.
"I have no clue." Mason agreed.
"It's cause they're boys." Lydia nodded as she pursed her lips.
Y/n nodded with her and sighed.
"So what's wrong with you?"
Y/n shook her head and squinted at the sky.
"Nothing. Just wishing I had a good relationship. Ya know, you and stiles are so close it kinda makes me jealous."
"Well personally I think you should keep your options open. I know lots of boys who would fall at your feet." Lydia laughed.
Y/n smiled down at the grass and watched as the boys played.
Theo pulled at the grass as he felt a tinge of sadness. Did he like y/n? He didn't know. But was he a little sad when she didn't reject the thought of staying single? Maybe a little.
After lunch, school was pretty quick to y/n that day. They had all gotten through classes and met each other outside. Y/n pulled Hudson along with her to have him meet the group.
"Hudson this is the group. Everyone this is Hudson."
They all exchanged hellos and such and stiles pointed at him "So is he your boyfriend?"
"No no no! Never!" They both gagged.
"I'm just her best friend. We've known each other since we were twelve so it's a little weird when people say that."
They all chuckled and Y/n let them hang around him for a while.
"Okay well we should go. I have to get to work and we have to meet up with a couple other friends."
Everyone collectively nodded and got up.
"Bye guys!" Y/n and her best friend waved.
They all got into their cars and drove off.
"Well that was weird." Hudson said as he helped y/n stand up.
"Yeah." She agreed.
"So what are we gonna do for the rest of the night?"
"I actually wanted to stop by the animal clinic to see if they have a job opening."
"You want to get a job?!" He asked.
"I don't know. Maybe. It's just a thought. I mean I'm gonna have to go to college soon so I might as well have a backup plan if I don't get a scholarship."
"Trust me. You'll get a scholarship." He squinted.
He ruffled her hair and she swatted him off. They drove to the clinic and Y/n walked in. She still had like ten minutes before closing.
A middle aged man walked out and said hello to the curious girl.
"Hi. I was wondering if you had any job openings. I am trying to find something to do and animals is one of my passions."
"Umm sure, we could always use the help." He handed her a form and she filled it out.
"You can come back tomorrow for work if you'd like." He said.
"Wait really? No interview, no background check, nothing?"
He thought and then slid a nope out.
"Cool."
Y/n walked out and back into the car.
"Well. I just got my first job!"

The pack hid in the back room until Deaton got back.
"Don't worry, some girl just wanted a job."
"Who?" Derek asked.
Deaton held up the sheet and said "uhhh, someone named y/n l/n."
"Shit!" Scott cursed.
"What?" Deaton asked.
"She's one of our new friends. She started school not too long ago and she's crazy smart."
"And that's a bad thing why?" Deaton sarcastically questioned.
"Because she's gonna figure us out!" Stiles butted in.
"Trust me. It won't be much of a surprise to her" Deaton mumbled but no one else could hear "she's not all supernatural oblivious."