#1 - The Journey To Mistral

Ethan had been walking for days now, trying to find this Ruby Rose person as per Shade's instructions

Ethan had been walking for days now, trying to find this Ruby Rose person as per Shade's instructions.  It was different being on his own this time.  Nobody cracking jokes like Dax, no leader to boss him around like Shade, and no hothead like Hunter.

But he missed that a little.

It was his team that made him feel accepted.  In society, he was apparently another four-eyed freak that looked like he played way too many videos games.

Yet they were wrong.  He was intelligent, indeed, but his power said otherwise.  He was anything but geeky and wimpy.  He had the brains, as well as brawn to back it up.  Not much like Shade, or Hunter, but enough to defend himself.

"It was along this trail, I'm pretty sure, that the people with Ruby were going.  Where could they be?"

Since he started his journey, he had learned Ruby was going along with some of her friends to Mistral.  For what exactly, he wasn't sure yet.  However, he knew that they'd want all the help they could get, from what he heard.

As he kept walking, a small village came into sight.

Had he made it?

Ethan started running forward, faster and faster, in excitement.  He hoped he was in time!  He didn't feel like running along the woods alone again for a few days.

The village was actually quite peaceful.  People were bustling around, happily.  Almost like nothing had happened.

"Wow...it feels like an actual village.  Full of life...like...people actually should be."

He remembered when he was together with his friends, and they'd seen the damage that'd been done to the once Beacon Academy.  It was terrible, the destruction that was caused.  If only they had come sooner.

Ethan ran over to the first person he saw, an old man in a red robe.

"Excuse... excuse...oh god....excuse me sir." Ethan panted.

"Slow down, young fellow!  You look like you'll burn yourself out.  I'm not going anywhere, take your time to rest up!"

Ethan manged to catch his breath, and looked up at the man, sweating all over.

"Ruby Rose...oh god...sir, please tell me Ruby Rose is here, or I'm going to have an asthma attack or something."

The man handed Ethan a cup of water, and Ethan quickly chugged it down frantically. "You're in luck, kid.  They're in the blacksmith's.  Go say hi to them."

Ethan smiled, once again taking off.

"I really have to work on my cardio one of these days."

Ethan burst open the door to the blacksmith's, and everybody who was there turned to look at him.