Chapter 17

Three months. It's been three months since I've been dodging Vic. I can't look at him, I'm too angry. Just one more month and I'll be out of this hell hole and graduated. One more month. We were in Mrs. Simms class and she was talking endless nonsense about how we should respect other people, even if they don't respect us. Well I say that's complete bullish.it. How do you even respect someone who shows no sign of kindness towards you? Tell me how. I began to think about everyone and everything I would be leaving behind. But now that I think of it, it's not much. Phil waved his hands in front of my face, only because the bell had rang and it was time for lunch. I was actually quite hungry but kind of full off of everyone's sh.it. "Phil I'm kinda hungry. Starving even. Let's hurry" Phil couldn't have agreed more because when I turned my head he was already half way down the hallway. Looking down the hall I spotted Austin and Alan doing what some would call 'making out.' I would call it, sex in a hallway. I laughed at the joke I made before I remembered that I was walking alone down the hall so laughing out loud to myself probably made me look like a "loser." I heard Jaime manage to cough out the word. I decided to leave it as is and continue my walk to the cafeteria. I've been hanging out with Austin, Alan, Tino, and Phil a lot lately. I guess it's true, true friends lie underneath. I had my head down on the table due to my major headache. "Hey guys,  I heard Jaime's been abusing Vic." My head shot up from the table. "What?" Austin looked a me quite confusingly, mainly because I had told him I didn't care about Vic anymore and that whatever happened to him, happened. "Yeah, he had bruises all on his arms." Honestly hearing about this pissed me off and I suddenly felt the need to clear my head. "I'm gonna go." "Where to?" They were right where was I gonna go? "I don't know yet." I walled down the multiple long hallways and finally thought of a place. I walked up the tall rusty steps and through the old janitors closet, then through the last final door. The roof. I hadn't been up here since I first arrived at Clairemont high. I was looking at the ocean and admiring the waves as I saw two seagulls call out to one another. "Wow, even birds have lovers." I continued looking out the ocean when all of a sudden I got the feeling of someone watching me. "Sad isn't it how birds even someone to love." I jumped at the voice. It gave me goose bumps. "Sorry, I didn't think anyone even knew about up here, let alone come up here." The voice sounded so familiar. "Well I am the one who showed you here in the first place." I knew it. I managed to keep my head down and walk straight past Vic. I ran down the rusty steps to leave out of the maim entrance. As I was nearing the doors I saw Jaime and the one and only Jack Barakat having a heated make out session. Vic was following me and I knew he had a right to see this. But, of course Vic yelled my name and Jaime and Jack ran. I gave up, and walked out of the doors.

- Vic's POV -

"Vic, come on it's graduation time." "I'm coming I'm coming." this was it today is the day. I finally graduate from Clairemont High. I finally get to leave then off to college. It's kinda funny how I used to picture myself on this day spending it with Kellin. We thought of graduation as freedom. As us finally being able to be free without and judgemental as.sholes. But I guess in the end, there's never any happy ending. I sighed as we got into the car and drove to what tomorrow would be just a long memory.

- Kellin's POV -

"Aww Kellin, you look so cute and handsome." I saw Tay smirking at me from behind. At least someone gave me some compliments. We were standing outside of the foyer taking pictures before it was time to enter. "Alright kells, go kick some ass." I hugged her tight. "Thanks Tay." I walked into the foyer seeing everyone dressed up in their proper attire. "Okay everyone, let's come and sit down to take a few more class pictures." I walked over to Austin and Alan as they positioned us for pictures. I noticed Vic wasn't next to Jaime. Had something happened? I don't care. I don't care. I just have to keep telling myself that. After pictures they led us into the auditorium and everyone clapped. After the hour long introduction, it was time. "I'm pleased to announce the Clairemont High class of 2014." They announced the names. "Michael Fuentes." I clapped for Mike. All because Vic and I were no longer together didn't mean I couldn't be friends with his brother. "Victor Fuentes." I clapped for Vic as well. I was honestly proud of him, he's come all this way. He deserves happiness. "Cesar Antonio Perry." I cheered for Tony. He's been through a lot of sh.it and still manages to keep a smile on his face. "Jaime Preciado." I practically gagged at the sound of another person mentioning his name. I was dazing out thinking of life and the nearby future. "Kellin Quinn Bostwick." I hated my last name. I preferred just Quinn. I walked up on stage and gave Mrs. Biersack a thank you. "Kellin, you can finally say you made it." I gave her a genuine smile and walked off. This was it. I'm finally done with this hell hole.

"Kellin I love you. Call me when you land promise? Oh and call me when you get on campus. I love you. I'll visit I promise." "I love you Tay. I promise I'll call you." I hopped onto my plane and decided I'd sleep for the whole flight, considering it's only two and a half hours. We got on the plane and as soon as it hit turbulence I figured it'd be a great time to sleep. I awoke right before er landed and got off of the bus. I wasn't too excited to be back in this Arizona sunny hot weather. I hauled at a taxi cab and he drove me to my campus. It was huge. There was so many buildings. So many people. I was quite excited to be here. It was like starting over. I walked into the office and began to finish the last part of my registration. "Kellin Quinn here it is, room 214." 214. That sounded a little too familiar. Oh yes, Vic. Vic first walked me to room 314 on my first day of school. Vic, I wonder how he's doing. I walked to my dorm and Om one side there was already somebody else's stuff. I unpacked and was sure to tuck a photo of me and Tay into my bedside table so it'd be the first thing I see every morning. I grabbed a pair of clothes and headed to the showers. I could use a good washing after that flight. When I walked in, someone was already finishing. Great cold water. I washed my body and got dressed before heading back to my dorm. My roommate still wasn't back so I decided to check out the campus. I went to all of my classes first, checked out the food court, and met a few new people. They seemed nice. I have a few classes with Andy, Danny, and Ash. Ash had a different look to her. Her hair was different. It was a good different. She was beautiful, in fact she made me question my sexuality for a minute. After checking out campus I decided it'd be a good idea to go to sleep and get a good nights rest. Tomorrow I'd check out the different groups they have to join. I walled back to my dorm room and the door was already opened, signaling my roommate was here. When I walked in my roommate stared straight at me. "Hey I'm ... Vic?" "Kellin.."