Appearance

REDDENS (plural: Reddi.)
Guide 1

Def. A race of demons that appear to be partially human. They are defined by their horns and matte black patches of skin.

History: Before Homo Sapiens inhabited the Earth, Reddi were there. Many priests didn't accept these creatures, and exorcised them to unknown realms. Their society advanced in this place, until they learned teleportation runes, and were able to return in the modern age. Although, some returned early by chance, when a fool summoned them.

The majority of Reddi give up their true demon names in turn for other ones. As a tradition, they usually take the last name of a historical leader--or more commonly, dictator.

Around other Reddi, some may choose to go by their true names, but typically refer to each other by last name. As a more social group, most of this species lives in small clusters. These are located in Portland (OR), Bethel (NY), Sinaia (Romania), Edinburgh (Scotland), Murmansk (Russia), and Hagi (Japan). There are small regional differences between the groups, but only in how they live and socialise. It lines up with their location.

You have free control over hair, personality, and all non-listed aspects of their appearance.

Basic Physical Traits (MUST HAVE):

Horns from 3-8 inches in length.

Some sort of scar.

Pointed ears.

Hands and feet fade to black.

Claws on their hands and feet.

Natural eye color.

YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1 RAREST OR 2 RARE MUTATIONS.
*If you choose other, you get that and one rare.

Mutations (Skin):
The majority of this species has skin that quickly fades to a matte black from their wrists and ankles down. This black is on their hands and feet.

(Common) Fades at wrists and ankles.

(Rarer) Fades at elbows and low calf.

(Rarest) Fades at shoulders and knees.

Mutations (Ears):
A typical Reddens will have ears that point backwards, but have free vertical movement range.

(Common) Points backwards, and has vertical movement range. Varies in length.

(Rarer) More horizontal, points outwards and has full movement range. Will move with emotions, too.

(Rarest) Points downwards, and does not move. Reddi with this usually don't have the best hearing.

Mutations (Horns):
Most Reddens have horns that add 3-8 inches to their height. Although, more varieties exist.

(Common) The horns are parallel and stick out from the character's head.

(Common) The horns go up, and curve inwards. They almost touch.

(Common) They stick up vertically, and may curve inwards slightly.

(Rarer) Like a sheep, they curve around the Reddens’ head.

(Rarer) There are three horns on one side of their head. One is larger than the others.

(Rarest) Five horns protrude from the character's head. The two outside and center ones are small, while the other two are long and further back.

Mutations (Scars):
The scars may be placed anywhere, and given for any reason. Typically, a Reddens’ scars will turn the same color as their horns if using an ability.

(Common) Their scars turn the same shade as their horns while using powers.

(Rarer) Their scars turn black instead.

(Rarest) There is no change in color.

Other Mutations (YOU MAY ONLY HAVE ONE):

Dwarfism: The character is significantly below the average height of 6’5.

Albino: Their horns are a pure white.

Melanistic: Their horns are a pure black.

Bioluminescent: Horns and scars glow in dark spaces. They can't control this. (CANNOT MIX WITH SCARS)

Vitiligo: There are small patches of black skin on the character’s body outside of the hands and feet.

Powers:
All Reddi have two to four unique abilities. The creator chooses these. Though, these are usually not very helpful, such as a resistance to food illness. But, some may get lucky and have useful powers, like healing.

Then, all of this species has four basic skills.

Runes: The character is able to draw spell-casting runes. They either specialise in defense or offense, or a vague mix of both.

Reddens’ Mark: Since their claws are used for fighting, a Reddens will leave a matte black mark on whoever they've drawn blood from. This contains a cocktail of sedatives, so they can escape from fighting.

Telepathy: They can mentally communicate with any Reddi within 50 feet of them.

Pocket: As a separate branch of Runes, the Reddens can store and summon items to them in a pocket dimension. This can be any item they can physically pick up.

2 ABILITIES- 1 useful, 1 random.
3 ABILITIES- 1 useful, 2 random.
4 ABILITIES- 2 useful, 2 random. But, you lose either the Reddens’ Mark or Rune-casting.

@tired_ben on instagram for questions/comments/etc.
Have fun with this, I guess-.