Chapter Two

I turn on the television and go channel surfing. I find something that catches my eye. The classical music channel is playing, 'Après un rêve' I close my eyes and listen. I sway along with the melody. I start to think about how much better my life is. Just yesterday I was dancing at a local charity show. And somehow I got adopted even though I am sixteen and they already have three boys. I did ask them why they chose me their answer wasn't simple but not complicated to remember. 'We decided to adopt you because we saw you dance your solo and we saw how old you were, we thought wow she must have been in this program for a while. Well now you have a family.' I come back to reality when I hear Jake, Alex, and Jason, run in like a stampede of wild Buffaloes. I look up and see them going to the fridge. They pull out some bacon, they grab four pans and put them on the stove. They grab all the slacks not bothering to a check them to see if they are good enough to eat, they put them in the hot pan and cook the whole pack. I get up and grab my phone. 'Mom' bought me a phone on the ride home. I have all these stretching apps and dance apps. I bought yo-yo ma's Beethoven soundtrack and his Mozart soundtrack. I grab my headphones that I put on the table. I put them in and listen I turn off the t.v. and get up. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I brush my long strawberry-blond hair. I have naturally straight hair. My hair goes down to my hipbone. I grab a beanie that says 'Dance'. I brag a maroon infinite scarf and put it on. I go to my room and grab my necklace that I've had ever since I was born. My mother put it on me before I was up for adoption. it's a golden heart locket with my first name and the other side is left empty, for me to make new memories and new adventures. I go into the living room and grab my backpack. I see that Jake, Alex, and Jason are sitting down eating the bacon they made. I go back to my room and grab my dance bag and put my pointe, jazz, ballet, lyrical, hip hop and tap. I put my leotard in for tumbling class which I do for dance reasons. I grab sweat pants, a tutu, I grab some tights, tan, black, and white tights. I grab 3 water bottles and put them in. I gm have PE last period, but I do t do PE I leave school early and go to dance class, that is technically one of my classes. I go in the living room and leave I walk to school which is one block away. One I get there I see that the school is huge. Theres a whole building for administration. Then theirs the school part, the classes and junk. Then their are the elective building where a the elective classes are. I go to the administrator and say my name. I get the paper and sit down at one of the seats. I look at it and study it like my life depends on it.