6

6

“So ser , this is your cottage , congratulations on your trip win ! ‘reshen up  , meet ew at th’ bar , tomorrow “ adewale bade goodbye .

It’s getting dark.

As the lamp lit up, Jason and Vittoria entered the wooden door    this is beautiful.

“I haven’t seen such a place for ages! The history is queer, I mean a sunken ship and pirates , cities underground “ vittoria said unpacking her AT  .

“That’s the fun girl ! I saw some Mayan stelaes on the way , this island is history in itself ! “

*                                             *

The winds changed , and a sweet smell came drifting in , for a second , jason thought he was reliving the DARK SUMMER experience , but that wasn’t possible , that’s what rationality tells , but the not everything has an explanation .

They were on a 75-km island, which hardly registered itself on the map and yet when one may think it to be derelict, it was an island with breathtaking views. Amidst nature, Jason wished that the last thing he saw, be an amenta .

“Vitoria don’t you think its strange that we see amenta all around us? Even on that cap of adewale?”

As Vittoria closed the window, she said “ Jason , forget about it , WE are here finally , lets enjoy rather than playing detectives”

“ya sure” Jason said  giving in a nod.

*                                             *

The morning came faster than they expected and they walked all the way to the bar, probably the only one on the bleak island. The road was dusty and aged all the way through negligence, isolation screamed through the jungles and the silence of the surroundings was deafening.  As they walked , the only sound was of their footfall , the sun still trying to rise , lay on the horizon , as if tired to move any further and as the sun inched up , Jason found himself at the backdoor of the bar .

“jazon ! punctual I must say , now get in with the lady , there was a shootout last night , situation’s hostile” adewale said , who was wearing an army jacket , with a compass hung around his neck  and the perfectly tanned skin  made him look younger than he was .  

Adewale ushered them in through the front door , Jason , held his camera and looked up through to it , to click the bar , and almost instantly it got down  , it read “AMENTA”

*                                             *

Can you explain this shit? “adewale ! Don’t you think it’s too strange to name a bar, AMENTA?”

Jason asked, when he found himself amongst drinks .

“So it’s about the amenta you wished to know? There’s more going on this island than you think you know, Jason”

His accent, its  ...it’s American.

Your accent er..i guess it just changed?!”

Adewale held out a hand “Andrew’s the name, Jason”

Where’s Vittoria ?

She is in, don’t worry lad “

This guy reads minds.

“No, I don’t”

*                                             *

Andrew spoke loud “you think you won this trip? No , you were forced to be here , I am Russian by the way , just posted here , During the 80's the Rook Islands had an economic boom from large amounts of money coming into the island from mining. Occasionally, Privateers will be heard discussing the topic. This was most likely the time when the Rook islands had some form of organized government like the one seen on billboards throughout the islands. Sometime shortly after the British left and the Rook islanders attempted to govern themselves, Hoyt Volker landed on the island and brought on one of the darkest times in the Rook islands already dark history. And its  Hoyt’s man Adrian , who brought you here”

*                                             *