>How Time Flies<

Enjoy :)

(Please ignore my awful image cropping above)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TARDIS landed as it usually does, with it's loud groaning wheezing. It landed rather roughly and it's occupants fell to the ground laughing.

"Smooth as ever Doctor." Y/n giggled as she stood up.

"Hey, I pride myself on being smooth. I'm the king of smooth." the Doctor replied waltzing around the console to grab his coat.

"Sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night. So, where have we landed?"  

The Doctor made his way over to the doors and opened them stepping outside, Y/n following closely behind.

"London, Earth." the Doctor said as he looked around. He stuck his tongue out as if to taste the air, almost like a lizard. "Early 21st century, I'd say early 2008, February ish, based on the chill." 

Y/n walked further out of the TARDIS scanning around. "So why'd you think we land here. Nothing seems out of the ordinary..." 

The young h/c spoke too soon, as screams were heard coming somewhere from the travelers left. 

The older man grabbed the girls hand as they ran towards the screaming, in the opposite direction to everybody else, the familiar feeling of adrenaline coursing through their veins. 

For Tom, it was a normal day. He had gotten up, had a quick breakfast then gone for his usual morning run. Afterwards, he had gotten home and taken a brisk shower, gotten dressed and answered some emails. By the time he finished it was about lunch time.

The weather wasn't too bad for February, so he decided to go to a nearby cafe where he was friendly with the manager, so he could usually get a cheaper meal or something off tomorrows specials board.

After putting on a coat and some comfortable casual shoes, he grabbed his phone, keys and wallet before heading outside. 

The walk to the cafe was very pleasant. He waved hello to a few familiar faces, neighbors and such, and took in the fresh air. Well as fresh as you could get in London. 

He sat down at his usual table which was on the curb, facing the street. Tom was a big fan of people watching. He'd do it whenever he was bored in between scenes on set, or even just sitting on the balcony of his apartment, looking down at the street below. 

He had been sitting down for barely a minute when a familiar face approached him. "Hey Tom, what can I get for you today? The usual I presume, or are you feeling like something different?"

"Hey Lucy, yeah, just the usual, and... a latte would be great too. Thank-you." He smiled at the pretty girl before she walked back inside the cafe to hand in his order. He had been thinking about asking her out for a while, she was friendly, kind and pretty, and she did seem to drop the occasional hint that she found him attractive, and that she wouldn't mind dating him. 

He continued to people watch as he pondered whether or not to ask her. About ten minutes later, Lucy came back out with his food. As she placed it on the table he smiled in thanks, and she smiled back.

She had just begun to walk away, when Tom called out to her, "Hey Lucy, I was wondering if.." But he was cut off my a huge CRASH  from nearby.