Chapter 1

One day I was jogging to my cousin's house. It felt like a long time because I was exausted when I got there. My cousin Trisha opened the door. "Hey Jasmine, I didn't know you were coming today," She said with a surprised look on her face.

"I wasn't planning to but I had some news," I said.

"Oh, come in," She said looking worried.

We went into the kitchen and sat down. My baby cousin Kelan was playing with his bear on the couch. "We need to move to Michigan," I said.

"Why?" Trisha asked.

"The government is closing down the states so no one can get in and no one can get out," I said.

Trisha looked mad and worried at the same time. "Thanks Jasmine. Do you mind watching Kelan? I need to go run some errands,"

"Sure," I said. When she left I went to go sit by Kelan. Kelan is almost 2 so he's learning to talk. "Hi Kelan!" I said putting him on my lap.

"Hi Jamin!" He said. He doesn't know how to say my name.

"I told you, you can call me Jazzy," I said laughing.

"Ok Jamin," He said as he tried to get off.

I looked on my phone and saw my mom text to say "come home," I texted back and said "I'm watching Kelan for Trisha," She texted back and said "bring him,"
I quickly grabbed Kelan and his bear, put him in his stroller and ran home as fast as I could. I went in through the garage since I can't bring the stroller on the steps. Kelan walked in to my house and ran to my mom for a hug. I came in after him and stopped. Why was Trisha here? "What's wrong?" I asked.

"We need to move to Flint, now,"