Chapter 2

Eriathwen

After they has finished awing at the asylum, the three grabbed their equipment, and headed up the cracked concrete steps  toward the tall, splintered, wooden doors. Kari trailed her fingers over the rusted plaque that was plaster on a wall near to the doors, the words “MOUNT MASSIVE ASYLUM” engraved in all capitals. Anya walked up to the faded brown doors that towered over her, tugging on them hard, only hearing a creak from her useless effort. She groans and tries again, getting nowhere with both attempts.

“We’ll find another way in, there has to be another entrance…” Eriathwen sighed and made her way down the steps, looking at the building from a distance once again, her eyes scanning for an open window or hole in any of the walls. She spotted a ladder that led up to some boards, to an open window. “Guys, I found something, It doesn’t look super sturdy but it might work.” She grabs her share of the equipment and heads toward the setup, inspecting it closer. She arranges what shes holding so her hands are free and she begins to climb, her friend just getting there.

Kari and Anya gasped, watching her. “Eri, are you crazy? Do you know how dangerous that is?!”

“Do you want to waste time looking for another way in or do you want this story that will make us famous? Everyone knows something messed up happened here, but nobody's checked it out yet. Except that one guy...Miles Upshur? Remember how he went missing and his associates has reason to believe he was here? Maybe we can find a missing man and be heroes, heroes with an amazing story of venturing into an abandoned asylum where Criminally Insane patients were sent to their doom! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m sticking to this.”

“Eri, what has gotten into you, you’re usually so shy, quiet, skittish. Tonight you’re acting like someone that should be in here!”

“I guess its just the adrenaline and excitement…” She blushes and shakes her head, starting up the ladder once again, making it to the flimsy wood plank that lead directly to the window. She hesitantly stood up, resting her hand on the brick wall of the building to steady herself as she looked down to her friends. “Coming?” They sigh and shrug, Anya starting up the ladder, Kari following quickly behind her. As they made their way up, Eri slowly moved to the window, peaking in before setting the stuff inside on the floor, crawling inside. She grabbed the thing the other to brought up, moving out of their way so they could get inside too. “We’re in…” She grins at them, gathering her things and sweeping her flashlight around the room. It was fairly empty, a desk and a shelf full of miscellaneous things occupying the unflattering green-painted room. She spotted the door, noticing there was light filtering under the door. “There’s electricity here?”

Anya jumped in front of the other  two. “Well, ladies, lets start this crazy adventure!” They all smiled and headed to the closed door in a line, Anya opening it slowly. They all craned their necks to see what was outside. There was a corridor, dimly lit and messy. They all stepped out one by one and looked up and down the hall. Doors were on either side, one every few feet. Eri sighed and bit her lip, the reality of what they were doing finally hitting her after all this time.

“And we’re officially in…”