Pack

Regina's POV

"I'm not going!"

"Yes you are! God you never come out with us." My annoying sister says over the phone.

"Hey babes who you on the phone with?" My bestfriend Kathryn Midas asks. She sits next to me.

"My sister." She grabs the phone.

"Oh hell yeah! Let's do this!"

"Oh she's going. I'll get her days off."

"I'm not going!"

"Reggie shush."

"You know I hate it when you call me that."

"I know. Come on. You work your pretty little ass off and you never get time to have fun."

"I have fun all the time." She gives me a look.

"Really?"

"No. But I don't like bars and getting drunk is not what's fun to me."

"Reading a book is?"

"Yes. Kathryn please. I'm not in the mood."

"You're going! Now pack unless you want me going through your panties drawer." She smirks.

"Kat!"

"Just have some fun with us. You never go out and now we get to go to Vegas. Please Reg."

"Fine. But I'm not getting drunk!"

"Don't need to we will drug you." I give her an unpleasant look and she kisses my cheek before running upstairs. I hate her! And I hate my sister. Always getting me into things I don't want to do. I go upstairs to see Kat packing my back and I laugh shaking my head.

"Why are you packing all my cute lingerie?"

"You never know who you might see."

"I'm not looking for a man. I am fine being single Kathryn."

"Maybe you are but I am not. I want to see you happy!"

"Kat-"

"Is it a crime to want to see your best friend happy?"

"No but.-"

"Fine just don't shut down every single guy who comes to you. At least not immediately. I know if they're not hot then yeah shut him down but at least try."

"Fine. I'll play nice."

"Good. Now I'm packing your cute stuff and short sexy dresses."

"I will walk around in slutty outfits Kat."

"Not slutty. Sexy and you're sexy. Your body is banging. Show it off."

"You're asking for a lot."

"Oh you're sister also said bring a bathing suit. Apparently the beach is really nice. And heels. Yes heels." She picks out my dresses and jeans and blouses as well as heels and everything. I walk into my bathroom getting all my makeup and toiletries. I grab my blow drier and straightener. If we are going to the beach I'm going to also need shampoo and conditioner. I don't use hotel stuff. I get my body wash as well.

"Now that we are packed let's go out for lunch."

"Kat."

"My treat babes." She grabs my hand smiling after seeing me give in once again. Can I ever just say no? Ugh! We get into her car and she speeds to Granny's. We get out and walk inside. I smile seeing familiar faces. The good thing about this town is everyone knows everyone. We are all like a family. We go to each others kids graduations. It's great. I'm mayor. So that's also why people smile when they see me. I hand out the paychecks so.... We find a booth and I sit.

"Hi what can I get you?"

"I'll have garlic chicken pasta. With a iced tea please."

"And for you?" She asks Kat.

"I'll have a bacon cheese burger and curly fries with a strawberry tea."

"Okay that will be right up."

"I don't know how you can eat all that grease."

"Well you could eat it and not gain a pound."

"You know how my mother is. No fast food. No greasy foods. No snacks. No ice cream. It's always been like that and I grew up I just never did."

"You're the weirdest person ever. I mean who's never had a burger and fries?"

"Me." She smiles and I shake my head.

"But I love your weirdness or I wouldn't be your best friend."

"Yeah sure."

"Okay rude!"