𝕋𝔼ℕ

sorry for the long chapter :>

| CHAPTER TEN - 1780 WORDS |

EVERYONE ELSE GETS back onto the bicycles after finding no one inside the sheriff's station, they sent their adventure towards finding people to give the key to.

"How is your watch still working after the pulse?" Zhenzhen asks Alex as he pedals beside of her.

"It's not electronic, it's mechanical." Alex responds.

There was side comments about the watch and such, a little bit of how Alex was doing. Mackenzie gripped tighter onto her Gabriel's jean jacket that was around him, making sure her body was not going to fall off the bicycle. They come to a gigantic stop when a military truck went by fast with others following behind. Gabriel lets Mackenzie get off the bike before he does, after letting it hit the ground with a clank.

"Hey! Assholes! Come back!" Mackenzie yelled with everyone else as she waved her hands in the air for them to try and see. She took of her helmet as well did Gabriel, everybody yelling for them to stop until there were footsteps behind the group of teenagers.

"Stay where you are. Do not move!" A loud voice boomed from behind them. Mackenzie dropped her helmet with a thud followed behind it, the others doing to say. Her hands went back up into the air where they could see them, everyone else mimicking her actions. She turns her head to Gabriel who was already looking at her, gulping slightly as they turned towards the authorities. They had guns pointed towards which made Mackenzie light headed, almost losing her balance as her legs became weak.

"Kids! Kids! You should've evacuated hours ago. We're at war." The soldier tells while lowering his gun and the rest of the soldiers do the same.

"Sir, we were in the mountains when the attacks started. Can you tell us what's going on? How big is the attack?"

"Did it reach the nation's finest Mercedes dealership?" Dariush asks with panic is voice.

Mackenzie eyes go to the boy, glaring at him.

"My dad owns it! I'm the future heir!"

The soldier interrupts Zhenzhen when she said for Dariush to shut up, saying, "All I can tell you is you are not safe here. Everyone on the bus right now! We'll take you to the evacuation center."

"Wait, sir!" "Whoa!" "Hey, wait!" "Hey!" "Stop!" "Listen!" The kids all say at the same time, trying to gather his attention as he turned around to lead them to the bus.

Alex grabs the key on his neck, handing it to the soldier. "You need to take this key to Pasadena."

"Where'd you get this?" "From a dragon capsule. A space lady gave it to and said to give it to a Dr. Fielding at JPL or something." Mackenzie breathed out.

"We've been receiving Morse code from a Dr. Fielding at JPL all day. Finding this key has been the primary objective. Thanks, kids. You may have just saved the world."

Mackenzie squeals as she jumps onto Gabriel, hugging him tightly and giving him a kiss on the lips which he happily returns to the girl. The others watched the two with eyebrows raised, not wanting to even know what happened when they were in the sheriff's station. They walk over to the bus, giving a solider a high five while getting inside. Gabriel sat in the seat next to Mackenzie and Dariush sat behind Gabriel. Zhenzhen was in front of Mackenzie while Alex was beside of Zhenzhen.

They watched the military tank roll past. It went in front of the bus and was getting shot at from a ship. A gigantic explosion was in front of them. Mackenzie grabs ahold of Gabriel's hands and squeezes it tightly as she screams with other kids when the bus flips over. Mackenzie lands on something hard as black takes over her vision.