03. 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴

:・゚✧ 03. 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴
⤷ real life

( the events in this chapter took place a week ago! the previous chapters are present time

took place a week ago! the
previous chapters are present
time. )

ONE WEEK AGO
ೃ࿐

         "YOU SING GOOD!" Tom attempted to yell over the blaring music in the buzzing night club, earning a confused look from Indigo. It was two in the morning and the rest of their friends had took an uber back home. Indigo and Tom were on a winning streak in karaoke and decided to stay a little longer. One hour turned into four hours and sure enough they had forgotten how fast time had passed by.

"I smell good? Thanks!" Indigo shouted, taking a sip of her champagne. Her head was pounding from the amount of alcohol they had all consumed throughout the night, but she still had a semi clear conscious. Indigo's body was aching with exhaustion, but, she was having so much fun singing and conversing weird stories with Tom that she didn't want to leave. "Wanna do one more song?"

Tom's face was incredibly flustered from the amount of beer he consumed, but he felt them fluster with heat when she touched his arm gingerly, a tingle lingering after her hand left. "Of course! I thought you'd never ask." He offered a cheesy smile, following her to the small stage.

Tom and Indigo stood in front of the karaoke machine, taking turns flipping through the hundreds of songs. They were both astonished at how many songs fit in that machine—literally, they could stand there for days. Either that or they were so drunk that they couldn't decide. Her hazel eyes lit up as she passed one of her favorite childhood bands. "Oo, the Jonas brothers." Indigo giggled to herself, reminiscing.

Tom chuckled, looking down at her with his comforting, brown eyes. "I think you might just be my new best friend."

"Duh," She joked, nudging him playfully, "I'd make a great best friend—we'd get drunk off of champagne every weekend and on the weekdays we'd play board games and binge watch all of the documentaries," Indigo gushed, her mind bouncing off a million thoughts a second, "By the way, you wouldn't stand a chance against me when we play Monopoly."

Tom pretended to look hurt, placing a hand on his chest. "Ouch! Is that a bet, Indigo?"

Indigo poked her tongue out at him. "What can I say? I'm competitive."

After twenty minutes of light bickering back and forth of whether they should do a pop song or an oldie, they settled on Shallow by Lady Gaga. "I still get stage fright like it's the first time." Indigo admitted, clenching her fists to keep her hands from trembling. Her eyes wandered over to the crowds of eager people gathered at tables, their phones in the air. She closed her eyes momentarily, pretending that it was just an empty bar and she was the only one there besides Tom.