twenty-two

ethan's pov:

"bro, it's been a long day, i'm going to bed" i mention to grayson. he was on the couch, scrolling through some job emails on his laptop.

"that's alright e, i'll see you in the morning" he replies and i nod.

as i reach my bedroom i see my phone plugged into it's white charger, hanging from the socket by my bed.

that's when i think to myself.

i haven't. heard off madison all day.

she's probably had a meeting or shoot today. that's it. i hope.

i really miss her, and i swear these two weeks without her has felt even longer than the two years we spent apart.

it's draining.

i shake it off and head under the covers. i have nothing booked for tomorrow, so i'm looking forward to having no commitments for the next day.

__

3am,

i hear soft whispers being spoke in my bedroom. it sounded awfully familiar, just like madison's voice.

i'm definitely dreaming.

suddenly i feel a dip in the bed beside me, a chased kiss being planted onto my cheek and two arms being wrapped around my body.

"are you awake e?" she whispers. i jolt up, surprised and tackle her to the bed; hugging her.

"what are you doing here? this is crazy" i say and she smiles widely. i let go of her to let her speak.

"i wanted to see you and surprise you" she smiles and kisses my lips. "i missed you" i mumble against her soft ones.

i lay her down on the pillows while still kissing her. i hover over madison's body slightly, but not to the point where i'm straddling her.

i kiss her neck with opened mouth kisses and a moan escapes her mouth.

"shh baby" i whisper and kiss her lips again. the moment gets more heated by the second and that's when she pulls away.

"maybe not tonight ethan" she stops being while breathing heavy. "i'm sorry" she mumbles.

i shake my head and kiss her forehead. "don't be, it's really late anyway...this can wait" i reassure her and she nods.

after giving her one of my shirts, madison climbs into my bed with me, snuggling her head into the crook of my neck.

"oh, layla and lauren are staying too by the way" she says, her voice sleepy.

a smile creeps onto my face as i think of my best friends. "i'm glad they're here, i'm glad you're here mads, i love you".

she kisses my bare chest and rests her hand on me. "i love you too. goodnight ethan".

__

madison's pov:

i wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs. grayson must be cooking.

even though ethan always complains about his brothers food, he always ends up loving it in the end.

i stretch my body and begin to walk from ethan's bed, he was already in the shower in the next room; i could hear the water running.

i grab some shorts from my suitcase and make my way to the kitchen, which was coincidentally also by the sitting room.

"good morning" i groggily say, tying my long dark hair into a high ponytail. a few baby hairs falling into my face.

grayson's head snaps back to see me and he held a massive grin on his face. "hey, i've missed you bud" he says walking close to me.

i wrap my arms around him and tell him i've missed him too. i notice layla sitting by the kitchen island, drinking from her coffee.

"morning" we both say and giggle at our jinx. lauren was sat next to layla, so i moved to the opposite side.

"how was your first night in la?" i ask lauren and she laughs at my stupid question.

"it was great, the guest room is quite luxurious might i add" she says looking at gray.

"that's where brandon sleeps when he visits, or whenever we see our sister" he adds and we all nod.

while grayson scoops the scrambled egg onto separate plates, adding bacon along with it i hear ethan come from the stairs.

"morning" ethan says kissing me gently, his damp hair tickling my neck.

once he sees lauren his eyes light up. they hug and i aw, they haven't seen eachother in just under a year.

sometimes i wish it was just like old times, when we were in high school.

__

"so what's the plans for today?" layla asks grayson as we were all finished eating breakfast.

the twins didn't have to work today, which was beneficial for us all. so we wanted to go somewhere as a group of friends today.

"how about venice beach? it's a beautiful day" grayson suggests and we all agree on the first idea.

it took us all collectively about an hour to get ready, all of us getting distracted and showering was most of it.

i slip on my swimsuit underneath my shorts and that's when ethan walks into the room.

"that colour looks gorgeous on you" he compliments me and i blush slightly.

"thank you, and no i didn't wear it just because it's your favourite colour" i point out and she cheekily smiles.

"i would never say that" he says. "you were thinking it though" i says nd he laughs.

ethan kisses the tip of my nose and then my lips a couple more times.

"you know me too well".