Chapter 2

He doesn't let anything interrupt him as he goes through Zion's paper, writing the correct formulas and calculations in red ink next to all her wrong answers.

"I really hope she takes it positively. " He says to himself and just as he's trying to put everything away, sleep overtakes him and he sleeps right there on his study table.

~

"Honey! " Pretty calls as she makes her way towards their lunch table.

"She's gonna kill you if she finds out about your obsession with Zion. " Matt whispers.

"What, am not obsessed with her! " He defends himself.

"What are you guys whispering about? " Pretty asks.

"Non of your business Jinnah!"Matt says and she gasps.

" Did you just call me Jinnah. "She asks taking in dramatic deep breaths to try and relax. August laughs.

" It's your name. "He starts and huffs a laugh and she throws a chip at him.

" Ok. Am sorry, Pretty.... Jinnah. "

"Beb, tell Matt to stop bothering me. August, Honey..? "

She snaps her fingers in front of his face and he shifts his eyes out of his trance and looks at her.

"What? " He asks.

"What are you thinking about? "She asks.

" Nothing. "He lies and Matt forces a cough.

" I'll see you guys later." He says glaring at Matt." I gotta bounce. "

"But we still have like... ten minutes left... " Pretty starts looking at her pink watch.

"I know, there's something I have to do." He says standing and begins walking away towards the hallway.

"Oh and Pretty, your name is Jinnah. " He says just to annoy her.

"Oh c'mon! " She says throwing her hands in the air. Matt laughs.

"This is all your fault. " She says and hits him with another chip and soon it's a food fight before the lunch lady catches them.

~

August walks into the classroom in hope that he'll put her test on her desk or chair before people start pouring in. He stops in his movement when he sees Zion already in class, her head down and she's asleep.

"Little tough Miss. " He says in a low voice. "Here she is, sleeping in class."

He wants to get closer and take in her face when she's not going all over bullying people.He walks slowly towards her and stops a few meters away.
Her lips are parted and she takes in soft breaths. Her face looks so delicate and her long lashes so attractive. Her nose ring shines under the lights in the room and her hair, damn that hair is dark and shiny blows softly under the wind coming in through the window. Her forehead is covered in some sweat and he finds himself taking a handkerchief from his jean trousers.
The bell goes and her eyes begin to flatter open and he quickly turns and walks away.

Zion sees him walking away and she can't stop thinking about the fact that he might have been watching her sleep.

"Hey.. " She starts but stops when the class starts pouring in. August heard her though and he smiles before sitting down and taking out his books.
He really wanted her to see her text.
Zion appears distracted the entire period, clenching her fists in fury and glancing from the window to August while he on the other hand tries not to think of her.How her lips part in her sleep, how peaceful her snoring is, how beautiful she actually is when she's not unaware, it's a breathtaking sight.

The bell goes and August is among the first to walk out, Zion starts towards him but the professor stops her on her way out.

"Zion, can I have a word with you? "

"Sure! Anything new this time sir?"She asks with a smirk.

" Yeah, actually! "He says unflattered.

" Am afraid if you don't work hard by the end of this season, you'll have to drop the class? "He says staring right into her eye to show her the seriousness of the matter.

" How about Good afternoon Zion? How was your day Zion? I can see you are still breathing today....Zion? "She asks, a sly smile playing at the corner of her lips and he just shakes his head before walking away.

"I need you to work hard,I believe in you,but it doesn't make any difference unless you also start believing in yourself. " He adds before exiting and leaving Zion all by herself.

"I can't drop the class, I'd rather attend summer school, but I can't attend summer School, so I have to pass my exams." She reasons before fixing her frown and exiting to look for a nerd to do her homework for her.

~
Dear Mum,

It's me Zion, again. I really miss you,
Life's so hard without you, I'm not okay mum, I almost got kicked out of maths class today, Mr. Martinez........

"Zion, dinner's ready! "

"I'll be there in a few! " She yells back, trying so hard to hide the tears in her throat.

~

"Well,don't you love ravishing tonight." He says bringing her hand to his lips, planting a soft kiss on the knuckles.

"Well, I am going out tonight with Mi Amor. " She says with a sexy laugh blushing as he pulls her into his arms.

"Are you sure we can't skip to dessert."He asks trailing his index finger on her cheek.

" Interesting offer I'd say, but no. "She says and pecks his lips, her hands on his chest. " August we're still standing on my lawn. You technically even haven't picked me up yet. "She says and he starts looking around.

" Yeah! We should get that dinner. "

"Mmmh... Yeah, I think so too. Am starving. " She says cringing her nose.

"That's why I wanted to skip to dessert. " He says and she rolls her eyes at him as they turn and start towards his car.

(I really hope you like it. Don't forget to vote and comment, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes.)

Thank you.
😘