Chapter 1

"Why are you always looking at her man? " Matt asks and he shrugs.

"I don't know, because I believe that she can be good. "August says and doesn't take her eyes off of her.

She's always alone, always behaving as though no one in the world is fit enough to be in her company. She's lightskin black and her hair never ceases to amaze him. He's never seen such beautiful hair. How can anything be so dark yet shiny, so curly, so cute.

"Look dude,I love that you always try to see the good in others but please, not her, stay away from Zion."

She's walking down the corridor with her books by close to her chest. She's wearing a black denim skirt, a black crop top, a black leather jacket and black boots. No make up at all, just a few metals in her ears, nose and eyebrow. He seems to be drawn to her, taking in her every step. She walks past him and he looks away before she can notice he was staring.

She stops a few steps past him and taps some guy's shoulder.

"Hey, my math homework. " She barks at him and he quickly takes a paper from his sling bag and adjusts his glasses as he hands it over to her.

"Good, your turtle is in my locker, come for it if you see me there?"

"But you are barely there, and we have different classes Zion. "

"Exactly, just don't interrupt my schedule. "

"You promised. " He's gonna cry.

"Who has a turtle for a pet in the first place?"she asks and the boy starts crying. She rolls her eyes and heads to her class.

" She's such a bad person."Matt says and curses in anger. He just laughs.

She sits at the back of the class, always staring out the window. Always looking so deep in thought, barely ever attentive.

"How is it that you always do so well in your homeworks but when it comes to your tests, I don't even know where to begin. " The professor asks. "Zion, can I have your attention please!" He asks and Zion looks away from the window.

"Yes Sir! " She says the later in pure venom, as if the word sir is an abomination to her.

"How many handwritings do you have exactly, am confused. " He asks and the class giggles.

"I come from a rather talented family sir. " She says with a smirk. The class laughs again.

Mr. Martinez shakes his head and  starts handing over results for the previous test before the bell rings and everybody rushes out.

August doesn't walk out so quickly, he walks over to the back of the class where Zion sits, and stares out of the window, what fascinates her so much anyway. He sees a scrambled  paper just outside the window and moves closer to the window.It's written in  black ink. It's Zion's that's for sure. Wait, it's her test score. He climbs out through the window and takes it,he was right.

"An E! " He says shock in his voice as he rubs his forehead and let's out a deep breath before he  puts the paper away into his bag.

"How was school? " Her father asks as she walks into the kitchen.

"Same as always. " She says.

"Alright there's some fish left right there, you have yourself some alright, am going out? " He says and she nods.
"Your aunt Monica? " He starts on his way out.

"What about her? " Zion asks.

"She came by today and she asks if you'd like to work for her at her restaurant? "

"I don't know man, I got school and.."

"I get it Zion. Alright, just think about it though. " He says and she nods before he turns and leaves the house.

~
"Honey, you are home. "

"Yeah mum, I am home. " He says and rolls his eyes.

"Oh don't be sarcastic son I missed you. "She says and hugs him and he smiles in her embrace.

" You have four kids mother. "He says,"And I can't breathe. "He says and she let's go and laughs.

" Well, I miss all my kids every second of my life. "She says and kisses his cheek before walking away into the living room.

" I'll be in my room. "He says.

" Ok, Jinnah is already there. "Her mum says in a whisper and he rolls his eyes.

" Thanks for the heads up. "He says and heads up the stairs to his room.

" Hey baby. "She calls out rushing to embrace him.

" Hey! "He pecks her lips and smiles down at his beautiful girlfriend. She's a redhead. " Why didn't you come to school today. "He asks running his fingers through her hair.

" Well I don't really have an excuse."She says and they chuckle.

"Missed me much! " She asks and he plants a kiss on her lips again .

"Yes, I missed you. " He says and she smiles into his kiss.

"Well baby, as much as I enjoy all of this, I have some things I need to do. " He says and she groans.

"You barely have time for me this days."

"That's not true. " He says narrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes it is. " She keeps nagging and he let's out a deep breath and gives in.

"Okay I've heard you. I'll make time for us. I promise. "

"Really? "

"Yes, really. " He says sarcastically and she smiles.

"I was thinking about sleeping over if that's okay with you? " She asks and he groans.

"Nooo! Not today. " He says. "I really have to get some shit done, I'll text to you. " He says.

"Why can't I sleep over, I promise not to be a bother. " She pleads.

"Because....rrr..because you...rrr... because you're pretty and I can't concentrate." He says and she blushes.

"Well, my name is Pretty! " She says and chuckles.It's her second name.

"I'll see you out then. " He says as he finally puts down his bag and takes Pretty's phone and purse from his nightstand.

(Hey guys, thanks for reading, please don't forget to vote and comment, I'll appreciate.)