The skies have eyes

"May the lords from the skies bless us, the eyes of the skies, the gods of flight and fire please show us the way" Elisa  Maestro and her sons prayed in front of the stone that glowed. The sound of a raven though distracted them from their morning prayers. She took the scroll from the raven's leg and read the news. As her innocent honorable eyes followed the words the eyes grew scared. There was a sense of chaos in her eyes, for she has read the news about the events at the Drakartha. One of the five, Arkarius Malignus and his only son has been brutally killed during the night. Ever since the siege of Drakartha things has never been grim until today. She looked at her sons with fear and worry "Things have gone south, we need to go to the centurius, NOW" 

The table of the five at the centurius had five seats of gold, four of them were seated. But one was vacant. Elisa Maestro was sitting near Zebeth Falforth and Sean Hamilton. She said, "Are we sure that it was Sandra Drogo who is responsible for the events of the Drakartha?". Sean Hamilton looked disapprovingly and said "How dare you question me? I have eyes in every nook and corner of the world. And my mother in law is responsible for the events, I also have information that she has all the men of Drakartha under her. How did she do that? How did I never know about this!". "your mother in law doesn't have our best interests in what she has done. After all, she killed her son herself. She is a threat we must deal with as soon as we can." said Markus Ignorus."We can't assume anything, my king. I don't think she is a threat. If she wants to take over the chair of the one, she will have to go through us all. We can stop the drug cartels any day we want, she is a clever lady, or that is what I think, she wouldn't dare to do anything as stupid as fighting us. If they have family problems, why do we have to interfere?" said Zebeth Falforth.

"Well,  I would say not to do anything stupid and let time show us what she wants. We can increase our eyes at Drakartha for the moment and make ourselves ready for any danger she possesses" said Elisa Maestro. Markus Ignorus didn't like the idea of women advising them, he said: "so you want us to do nothing until she has a dagger on our necks too?" The king said"Its unintelligent to do anything without proper knowledge, as they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. " The meeting ended and Elisa walked out with lord Zebeth Falforth, she said"I heard that your son, Mathais has travelled far to the woods? What is he looking for?". "well he has come of age, I want him to be ready for the real world, For the snakes and fox among us. Only a journey as dangerous and unnerving as this can prepare him."He said. 

Far away from the centurius, Mathais and his horse travelled to the east. It has been three days since he has had his stomach filled. His body which once was fat has now lost all of it. "I will die if I don't find food soon," he said to his horse. But hope came back to his eyes when he saw a light from far. "Maybe I will live for another day, I want to live, I have to, To make my father proud  ". He and his horse moved swiftly to the source of the light. But Mathais suspected something was wrong when he moved much closer to the light. There were no buildings near the fire. Just a few pieces of metal lying around, Burning. His hands went to his sword. The curious boy went closer. Something about the pieces of metal seemed recognisable to him. He remembered it deep inside, But couldn't really remember it. He leapt down his horse carefully to the pile of chaos. He looked around and found interesting things, things he has neither seen nor heard before.  He poked at the thing that looked like a fish's nose. It had eyes that glowed. What devilish creature has died here, he thought to himself. He nearly leapt out of his body when the metal cracked open and a creature came out. It was almost as tall as him, but it had something covering it's every part, It had no eyes, Lights glowed from its back. It looked at him and showed its hand. The poor boy was scared beyond his wildest dreams and he ran as fast as he could, while the creature mumbled something and moved towards him. But before he could climb on his horse the creature fired something at his horse which instantly burned to ash. And the boy remembered something his father has once told him "Skies have eyes". "My god please let me leave, please leave me be ." He said to the creature on his knees. He closed his eyes in prayer. His lips shook, his fingers were trembling and he heard the creature move closer and closer and heard it say in its scary, concealed voice"Don't be afraid my child." when the boy opened his eyes it was gone.