First Kiss

"Uh oh." Leslie stared into Ben's eyes. His hand still pressed against her cheek. She searched his face for any sign of remorse. But she saw only his hesitant expression as he starts to lose the confidence he had felt a few seconds ago.

"I'm sorry. I just... I've been wanting to kiss you since—" His voice trailed off. Leaving Leslie to ponder how long he had been waiting to do that. Because that was seriously the best thing she's ever felt in her entire adult years and if she had known kissing Ben would have that effect on her she would have thrown caution against the wind since she started developing feelings for him.

"No, don't be sorry," she whispered. "It was nice." She wondered why her voice came out so soft. But it seemed to fit the mood and she was just glad that she could even talk at all after that.

Ben felt a flood of relief at her words. And now seeing her flushed face and hearing her voice gave him the boost he needed. He stared at her beautiful face. He could get lost in her deep blue eyes. His heart pounded against his ears.

Half an hour ago, he had convinced himself that pursuing his feelings wasn't worth the risk of losing his job. But that realization sank his mood and he felt like he swallowed a pound of stones that had settled at the bottom of his stomach.

When he saw her again, the heaviness lifted. He tried really hard not to want her. But he watched her mouth move and all he could think about was how it would feel against his lips.

And on impulse that he couldn't and didn't want to control, he leaned in and pulled her face towards him. His hand sliding to the side of her head and coursing through her blond curls as his mouth came down on hers.

He felt her surprise against his lips but it took only a mere second for her to open herself to him and she returned the kiss. It was just a few seconds but it felt like eternity as they tasted each other for the first time.

Ben pulled away first, wanting to gauge her reaction. Leslie wasn't done yet. She felt herself yearning for more and she dived in for another round. Ben accepted this onslaught with fervor. His other hand tightening its grip on her hips.

It only ended because Leslie needed to breathe. And as she looked at Ben with wild eyes, she remembered what was at stake. And she had so many words circling around her head. But all she could utter were those two whispered syllables.