Chapter 12

Amelia's P.O.V

Abby and I sat in front of my laptop starring at the email that our own mom sent us. It never happened before. I could tell Abby was about to burst out in tears and so was I but crying wouldn't solve anything at the moment. 

Dear Amelia and Abigail, 

        Hi Girls! I am currently in Sweden with Jason and just wanted to inform you that some papers from the lawyers will be coming to you Amelia regarding my child Abigail and the finances. I have seen the bank account go down in the last few months and would want to gain full control of the money. You are too young at this age to have so much money. 

                                          See you soon. 

I re-read the email a couple times trying to make sense of it. The bank account go down? All I've used the money for was the pay off one month of tuition when I didn't work for a few days and needed the money quick. That was all and I put the money right back in. Too much money for my age? I was handling it way better than my mom ever would. 

" she's such a nasty bitch, all of a sudden I'm her child?" Abigail yelled, taking a seat on my bed, breathing in and out. 

I sighed, deciding to leave the email for later. Anger should not fuel the reply. Lawyers? What was she going to do with them? Nothing could change, my father gave me full control of the money he left behind giving my mom some also. She spent hers all in one trip out with some boy toy. While I never touched it deciding to save it for my college and Abby's also. 

She definitely was not a mother at the moment. 

" she's in Sweden! with that stupid guy, I can't stand her at all" Abby shouted getting right back up, and pacing the room. 

" Abby you need to calm down" I shut the laptop and went over to her. Grabbing her shoulders as she shook her head. 

" why is she doing this" She whispered burying her head into my shoulder. 

" I don't know, but we'll figure it all out, okay just relax, tonight is not the night to worry, you need to finish the project" I explain, rubbing her back. 

" I know" Abby sighed, wiping some tears away. I smiled half-heartedly watching as she went over to my desk grabbing her bag. 

Their project was due tomorrow and she had to finish a few aspects. It was coming along pretty great from what she told me and the kid actually did a lot. I was surprised with that one. I suspected he would be slacking off. 

Everyday he surprises me. Especially with the way he asked Abby out, with a bouquet of flowers and chocolates. Now that was the way to do it. As suspected she squealed and was happy the whole day after being asked until I received the email. 

" you go have fun on your triple date also" Abby winked before walking out of the room, slamming the door shut. 

I sat down in front of the vanity, wanting to cry. My own mother was calling her lawyers. Instead of talking to me she always had her lawyers contact me as if we couldn't communicate. Usually it ended badly with her jetting off to yet another destination with the guy and us left behind trying to pay for the legal fees. 

" you ready?" Mel asked walking into our dorm room with Mason and Jasper trailing behind her. I nodded my head, grabbing my bag and phone, shoving it inside. 

Her eyes glanced at me as I gave her the look, wanting to tell her later on and not now. She smiled understandingly, taking some shoes and a bag before leaving the room. I made sure to lock the place, before walking beside Jasper.