The kid named Dakota

TRIGGER WARNING: mental hospital is the setting so if that bothers you then dont read.

I am lead down a long bright and white hallway with doors on the sides. Numbers past 1a, 2a,3a the numbers go on and on then we reach a turn and the two guys leading me turn and we are greeted with an elevator. We walk into the elevator and they press the 5 button. There are 5 floors and what looks like a button for a basement. They lead me to a room labeled 83e with a creme door, a small window, and a grey handle. They open the door.

"This is your room you will have a nurse come in soon and explain the procedures. Other than that you are all set up and the nurse will be here soon." they say in a quite and soft voice. I stay silent. The two men walk out ans i survey the room. A door leads of to what i assume is a bathroom but it has a lock on it and looks like it locks from the inside. I try the handle. Locked. I see what looks to be a closet again with a lock that looks like it will lock from the inside. I try the handle locked. I hear a soft rapping on the door and look out the little window. There is a kid that looks my age or even a little younger. I open the door and immediately they start talking.

"Hi im Dakota and im 14. I go by they them pronouns. I can tell your new here, and wanted to say hi before your nurse got here. I just wanted to say that i hope we can be friends." they spew quickly and as soon as they arrived they were gone. I continue to survey the room a single bed with a blue-white blanket and  throw pillows. A few minuets later a  nurse comes a quietly knocks on the door. I open it and she flashes a huge grin. 

"Hi im nurse Harper. Ok so ill be going over procedures. Every day we have day room time and you can go into the day room and play games, color, talk, eat, or whatever. When its day room time a nurse will escort you there. You can get passes to go eat outside the hospital. You need 5 passes to go wherever you want for lunch one day unless you are deemed mentally unstable or more so than usual. You get passes by having good behavior for a month or you can volunteer for things like dishes, clothes, or helping the janitors out to get points and if you get 100 points you get a pass. Each volunteer hour gets you 10 points. There is a paper in the day room with more information. You will have a nurse come in here daily and you will have a weekly out of room therapy session unless we deem you need more than once a week. Oh and at any point you feel that it is necessary you may request to be placed in confinement. Which is where you go into either a padded or non-padded room until it passes." She said quickly. Dear god thats a lot of stuff to remember but she wasnt done. She still hadnt even touched on the rules. UGH.