The Bargain

~Time skip to a few months later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ive been in the mental hospital for a few months but i dont think im getting better. I volunteer to wash clothes a lot since i dont know what else to do. I just finished doing a volunteer shift. I walk down the halls to the elevator to bring me back to the fifth floor. I ride the elevator in silence. The doors glide open and im standing face to face with Dakota. i shouted in suprise.

"Dear God you scared my Dakota." i shouted getting stern looks from the workers due to me shouting. 

"Oh nothing much i realized your shift was almost over so i waited here to scare you." they say with a smile playing on their lips. 

"your evil." i say as i walk out of the elevator. 

"I know, and also your nurse wanted to see you." 

"Ok do you know why?"

"Nah she didnt tell me she just said when i saw you next to send you that way."

"Ok imma go see what up thanks Dakota."

"No prob see ya later."

"Bye" i say as i walk to my room. Why would my nurse want to see me. The walk fills me with dread. Nothing good comes out of our talks  we usually just sit in silence since i refuse to speak with her. I open the door to my room and say nothing.

"Oh good Cassie your here. Im sorry to say but i have some bad news. Your family has put you into the foster care system." she said softly as though if she said it to loud i would break. I already knew this day would come since my family told me i would go up for adoption or into foster care at some point it was just a matter of time. I just shrug. 

"Before i got here they said they were going to do something like that. Do i still stay here or do i go into a foster home?" i say. she looked shocked and i was confused until i remembered i never say anything to her.

"Ummmm....you will stay here and when you get released you will go into a home." 

"What if i get adopted while im here?"

"The likelihood of that happening is small but if it does then you will stay here and they can visit you if your behavior is good." i just nodded i didnt want to talk anymore.  She told me i could go back into the day room. So i walked into the day room and i found Dakota 

"Hey Dakota i want to run an idea by you." i say. I am really hoping that they can help me with doing this. Im hoping that since there is a pass system and it takes five passes to go out so i am kind of hoping that i can bargain to go and see Hamilton. I am in love with the musical and i want to see it desperately so im going to see if i can save my passes to go see it. I  told Dakota and they said try to talk to someone about it. So im going to try that. I go to the main therapist. I knock on the door. 

"Come in" from the other side of the wooden door. I walk in.

"Hey i was wondering if i could run something by you?"