Cake

The air changed and Lee was gone. I smiled as I stepped to the side avoiding his attack from above. When he landed dust rose up into the air and Lee looked at me slightly shocked. My head tilted to the side as I gave him a closed eye smile.

I turned on my heel spinning around grabbing the wrist of Neji, he looked at me shocked as I forced his arm behind him and pushed him away from me. I jumped to the side as many kunai came soaring at me. I looked up to see Tenten holding a scroll.

The all stood together watching me carefully. I caught Lee's leg and pushed him into Neji who also ran at me, they both fell into Tenten hitting them all down. I looked at the kids and memories came to my mind. I remember when I was their age.

They all ran at me again now working as a proper team. This team was good. I spent the next hour or so sparing with them and by the end of it they all sat together by a tree. I passed them all some water smiling at them.

"I must say you all have talent I'm eager to see how you grow," I said.

I walked away from them and past Gai. But he grabbed my wrist. I turned to him and he looked at me with that same smile.

"Thanks, Kokoro," He said.

"No problem," I said leaving.

I returned home and sat on my balcony. But the quite was disturbed when Gai jumped up onto my balcony.

He held a box of cake. I looked at him with a small smile.

"its a thank you for helping me out today. I know how much you like sweets, " he said.

I laughed opened the door inside. I made some tea and Gai placed the cake on my table.

We say together a d I smiled enjoying the cake

"you have a good team Gai. I'm sure they grow up to be powerful shinobi. A real force to be reckoned with, " I said.

"if you had a student I could only imagine how strong they would become, " he said.

I laughed and we chatted. I enjoyed times like this. I looked at Gai who hand cake on his face. I giggled leaning forward with a napkin wiping the cake off his face. When I moved my and away I froze realising just how close we were. We just looked at each other. I blushed and quickly sat down looking away as I was overcome with embarrassment. 

~~~~

Gai looked away from Kokoro as a small blush came to his cheeks.

She coughed gaining his attention

She coughed gaining his attention. He noticed the embarrassed smile on her face. He quickly stood up. 

"my students will be wondering where I am. I'll see you around Kokoro, " he said leaving.

He walked through the streets the blush still on his face. He was soon met with Asuma who smiled.

"were you just with Kokoro?" Asuma asked.

"yea how did you know?" Gail asked.

Asuma laughed at the flustered male. He sure was oblivious.

~~~~

I hit my head against a pillow as steam came off my face. What was I thinking? He must think I would now. Damn my stupidity.