𝒖𝒇𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔

jeon jeongguk wasn't lying when he told yerim that he was good at games. it seemed that with whatever and whichever arcade game she dragged him to, the doe eyed boy would always score significantly higher with a land slide much to her dismay.

at first yerim enjoyed it because she liked seeing her new found friend jumping in excitement with every win he earned. but as time passed by and jeongguk managed to beat her in her favorite game, ddr, for the fifth time, she began to grow frustrated.

"jeon jeongguk, when will you go easy on me? i've been losing every game!" yerim whined while sipping the last of her blue raspbery icee bitterly, watching as jeongguk beat her by 15 points in a game of basketball.

jeongguk grinned cheekily at her. "what do you mean? i've been going easy on you this entire time."

jeon jeongguk always knew how to take a blow at yerim's pride.

"well go easier because i want to win too!"

"if i went easier on you you'd be playing by yourself," he replied with a smirk, earning himself a huff from the short high schooler. "and it's no fun playing alone."

jeongguk curved his lips up to a wide grin when yerim pushed his shoulder in annoyance before stalking off with her nose high in the air with arms crossed. he walked after her, a loud laugh escaping his lips at her childish behavior.

"come on yerim, i was just teasing you!" he called out to her, trailing just a few steps behind the girl while she made a beeline back towards the exit of the arcade.

she stopped in her tracks when she recognized a familiar game placed just before the outside entrance, it's lights shining brightly over a display of assorted toys. it was a ufo catcher and it was stacked high with pokemon characters, a tempting smile on their faces. it wasn't until she spotted a familiar blue turtle that yerim pressed her face close against the glass, an idea popping up inside her head.

"well put your winning to use and win me one of these as an apology!" yerim nodded her head firmly before whipping her head towards jeongguk who was already resting his shoulder against the machine, his eyes scanning through the plushes with interest.

he snorted and gently pushed her aside, pulling a dollar out from his pocket. " piece of cake. which one did you want, yerim?"

"i want the squirtle! you know, my friends tell me i look just like him. don't you agree?," she grinned proudly up at jeongguk. he replied with a shake of his head.

"impossible. squirtle's too cute to look anything close to you."

yerim scowled at his words and turned her head away from him once again, eyeing the squirtle smiling up at her. "just win him for me, jeon."

jeongguk smiled at her and immediately slid a dollar inside the machine, the clock counting down from fifteen seconds as he began to position the claw over the stuffed animal. he pressed the button, a hopeful expression on yerim's face as the claw made its way down only to return empty handed.

"i thought you said that this would be a piece of cake," yerim teased him with a gentle nudge to his side, laughing softly as the male immediately began to dig out for his wallet once again. "woah— hey. let's just go home! it's getting late. you can just treat me to some ice cream instead!"

jeongguk shook his head in disagreement, completely disregarding her words. "don't worry yerim, i'll get it for you this time. just hold on."

yerim watched wordlessly as he slipped in another dollar, his face filled with determination as he angled the crane over the squirtle once again. he seemed sure this time that he was definitely going to succeed before facepalming himself in frustration when the crane thought otherwise.