Chapter 7

The Princess is now awake and I explained what happened "You're the priest? Did you know we would come here?" asked the Princess to Ik-Soo "Yes. My job is to convey God's voice to the people. God teaches me everything there is to know about this world!" he said "What do you mean by your "job"? You don't make any money. All you do is pray every day. Hurry and remove your dirty clothes! You were driven out of the castle for making dubious claims about hearing God's voice, you know" said Yun removing the top of Ik-Soo throwing a towel to him "Why were you driven out of the castle?" asked the Princess "I'm surprised. You lived in the castle, but you don't know?" said Yun with disdain.

After that Yun went to make some laundry so I decided to help him while the Princess was next to Hak waiting for him to wake up "Move, move! Out of the way!" said Yun to Ik-Soo who was praying when we suddenly heard the Princess yell "Hak! Hang in there! Can you hear my voice? Hak!" so we all came inside the house and Yun came to Hak to see what happened "Move" he said to the princess then touched the cheek of Hak "He has a fever" ' Hak... ' I thought really worried while Yun was treating Hak "I've treated it, but the fever won't break for a while. Tonight will probably be the worst of it" "Save Hak!" asked Princess Yona "I'm working on it. I don't want him dying on me. But I'm not a doctor. Don't just assume I'll save him. You still haven't thanked me for saving you. And what about him and (y/n)? Have you ever thanked them? They nearly died to protect you" said Yun with a hard look "It's all right. The God of death hasn't come for him yet. He'll come back" said Ik-Soo "Princess don't cry. The best thank you can give us is your smile" I said wiping away her tears with my thumb "Would you like to go for a walk?" asked Ik-Soo to the Princess, she hesitated looking to Hak "Yun's medicines are very effective. He saved me countless times" said Ik-Soo so she accepted and we went on a walk.

After a bit of walking we finally arrived to a cliff the view was beautiful with the sunset "Why do you live out here?" asked the Princess "I was living with the flow, and I ended up here naturally. I suppose that doesn't answer your question. It's just... Even here, there are flowers that bloom" he said watching a flower on the ground. After that we came back and the Princess wanted to Yun so I came with her "Um... Thank you for saving me. I'd like you to tell me about you priests. I may not know anything but I don't want to remain ignorant" said the Princess "Actually, I'm not a priest. I just look after that useless priest who can't look after himself. Long ago, the priests had greater influence than even the King" "Than even the King?" she asked "Yeah. They were revered as messengers of God. Priests were deeply involved in ruling in the kingdom, and sometimes, they even influenced wars. One priest even deposed a king, saying he had angered God. So priests became a problem for the King. During King Junam's reign, Kouka Kingdom was expanding into other kingdoms' territories, and growing stronger. Apparently, Prince Yu-Hong's achievements played a major role. For Yu-Hong, the priest that could threaten a king's power were a nuisance" explained Yun "So that's why my uncle drove the priests from the castle" said the Princess "Isn't living in the middle of nowhere difficult?" I asked "Not at all. I find villages troublesome, and Ik-Soo can relax more easily here. Villages are full of poor people. Only certain cities are wealthy. Ik-Soo is too nice. He once tried to help everyone, and then suffered from depression when he couldn't. He can't live without me" answered Yun "Thank you. Teach me more sometime" said the Princess and then we went to sleep.

I opened my eyes and saw that it was always night and suddenly I noticed something ' Hak is gone?! ' I immediately ran outside searching for him ' Hak... Where are you? ' I felt tears in my eyes "Hak! You idiot!" I yelled when I heard a noise behind me "I'm appalled. You are in the dark, badmouthing me?" said Hak with his spear just in front of so I began to cry really hard "What's wrong? Did you have a scary dream?" "Hak... Hak!" i thrown myself in his arm "(y-y-y/n)?" He said surprised "Hak! Hak!" I couldn't say anything else while crying, I felt like if I didn't hold him he would disappear forever and then I felt a pat on my head "It's okay (y/n), I'm here" said Hak tenderly I looked to him and said "I though you were going to die just like my parent. I don't want to lose you too" He looked chocked and then said "I want to die now... I really want to die, and see how much you'd cry then" he said he face coming closer and closer but suddenly I fell in the darkness.