Chapter 6

Previously:  Godsmacked, Blair and I just sat there. Our mouths and eyes wide oplen and I swear blair had drool coming out of the corner of his mouth.

“What?!?!?!” We shouted together surprised…. Again.

Man, we really need to stop doing that.

Chapter six.

Excitement mixed with nervousness. That’s the only thing I can feel as Blair and I slowly make our way up the stairs and into the plane. I was excited to finally see my son again, but nervous because I have no idea if he will recognize me still. Looking to my left, I see the father of my two year old son looking as excited as a kid in a lolly shop. Lets just hope that he doesn’t hug our child to death. After smiling at the thought of seeing Blair and josh finally meeting each other in person, I snap back into reality only to realize that it was our turn to find our seats.

“Blaire?” I asked, questioning my own thoughts, as we sat down in our seats.

“Yeah sweetie?” He replied, happiness clear in his voice.

“Are you really excited to meet him in person, or is this just an act?” I asked. But as soon as the words came out of my mouth, I instantly felt guilty questioning his excitement.

“I truly am excited to meet my son. You of all people should know that I love him more than anything in the world. It hurts me that you thought that this was just an act.” He stated, genuinely hurt by my question.

“I know and I’m so sorry, it’s just that I don’t want my son to be hurt by anyone who is going too be close to him..” I explained.

Blair turned his head towards me, looking into my eyes, excitement, understanding swirled around in his eyes while his facial feature clearly showed just how angry he was due to my question.

“I don’t plan on ever hurting my son. You have known me since we were kids and you think I am the one who is going to hurt him. I honestly thought you trusted me more than this Lex.”

“I’m sorry okay?! I know that you will never hurt him, it’s just a motherly worry I guess. I don’t want him to be hurt at all.” I paused, taking a deep breathe to calm myself down. “I’m sorry, I should not have asked you that question.” I stated, looking down at my lap so he can’t see the tears that are slowly escaping from the corner of my eyes.

Apparently, that didn’t work because he still lightly grabbed my chin, tilting my head up so he was able to look at me. He wiped away my tears with his thumbs while looking me in my eyes.

“I won’t hurt him Lex. You have to trust me and remember that he is my son too.” He calmly said, as he gently kissed my forehead before he let go of my face to hold my hand and relax back into his seat. As I relaxed back into my seat,  I began to imagine what my life is going to be like. My life with my son, my best friend aka my son’s father and a place of my own. As these thoughts swirl through my head, creating many different ending which could all be my future, I drift off into a deep sleep, not knowing that those many different scenarios that circle my imagination are all wrong.

8 /hours later

“lex?” a deep voice called out.

“Leeeeeeeeeex” the same voice dragged out.

“Lemmie lone.” I mubbled, snuggling my head deeper into my pillow. Wait, pillow? Since when was my pillow warm…and moving?

Quickly sitting up, I looked down at my ‘pillow’ only to see a chest…with a wet patch on it. Ew… glancing up at the face of Blair. My friend, ex lover, pillow and recent drool catcher.

“oops. Sorry?” I say, still tired.

“it’s fine. I just thought I should wake you up when I started feeling something wet on my chest.” He replied, smirking as explained it.

“How long does this flight have left?” I asked, ignoring his smirk.

“only a couple of hours.”

“great. I’m going back to sleep. Wake me up then.” I stated, turning to face the small window, watching the clouds.

“Nooooooo. You have to stay awake and  keep me company. You have been asleep for 8 hours so far, you have to stay awake and watch a movie with me.” He begged.

As I faced him, I discovered that he was in fact pouting like a 3 year old trying to convince their parents to buy them a toy.

“Fine.” I mutter quietly, giving into his plea.

2 movies, 2 complete meals each, a few bags of peanuts each, and 5 cans of coke each, we finally notice the flashing sign telling us to put our seatbelts on.

This is it I thought.  We finally get to see our little boy. Finally.