The Fallen Hero

30th August, 2017 5:00 PM New Delhi. Karthik entered the living room, sat on sofa. He turned on TV and started changing channels mindlessly; his mind was disturbed with thoughts. He took out his phone to see if he had any texts, finding nothing he threw the phone aside. He yelled, "Prof! Are you home? I've been here for like half an hour!" Karthik is at Prof C.H Verma's house. Since childhood whenever he was scolded by parents or bullied by classmates or had difficulties in studies, he would run into Verma's house who also happens to be his neighbor. Verma is a visiting faculty at IITs and theoretical physicist, who is mostly engaged in his research and books. Although not all the time he could console Karthik, but engages him in curious discussions.

"Just a minute dude! You can get the coffee for both of us in the meantime!" yelled back Prof from his lab-room.

"So, what is our hero up to now?" said Prof sipping coffee.

"Not your scope Prof" declared Karthik.

"At least I can listen" argued Prof.

"Well, I had a fight with Priya. After months of chatting and hanging out, I told her that I loved her"

"Then"

"She said I'm a nice guy, she would want to spend life with someone like me"

"Wow! Then?"

"But not me because she had no feelings for me"

"What does that mean?"

"She friend-zoned me!!!" cried Karthik loudly.

"You see Karthi.."

"No Prof! Stop that. You will never understand this. You have been bachelor all life" interrupted Karthik.

"Oh!" mumbled Prof softly, taken aback by those words.

"Sorry"

"So let's talk something interesting from my scope, is that fine?"

"Alright" said Karthik smilingly.

"Is time travel Possible?" asked Prof

"May be in Future, time travel will be possible to Future in one direction."

"What about travel to past?" asked Prof

"Impossible" stated Karthik

"Why?"

"Second law of thermodynamics, Entropy always increases.."

"No law is constant son, it could be challenged and a new law can be brought in that place which defies it" argued Prof

"Yes, but this is a fundamental law.."

"Let me take you to the past" declared Prof

"Wait! What?! You mean travel to the past? Are you serious Prof?"

"I'm damn serious" said Prof, "come to lab"