The Travel to the Paradise

Karthik and Prof were sitting on a chair in front of a table with a desktop computer connected to it is a metallic box and couple of head-masks and lot of wires.

"So how does it work?"Inquired Karthik with enthusiasm.

"You are the visitor and I'm the Subject. When you put that red colored mask and I put this green colored mask, You can travel to desired time in past in my life along with me."

"You mean physically?" asked Karthik.

"No, Not with the current device. But you can see and hear things happening back there"

"So basically we are getting to witness your memory"

"Yes, this is like a trailer of the movie. Once it gets fully developed, we can physically travel."

"But human memories are not trust-able"

"The sub-conscious memory doesn't change" assured Prof.

Both of them put on the masks, Prof operates the computer and starts the device. Some weird noises are heard, the masks start vibrating rapidly.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING PROF??"

"NOTHING TO WORRY, GET READY TO WITNESS THE HISTORIC TRAVEL SON..."

14TH August, 1947 8:00 PM Delhi Railway Station. Verma, 20 year old has reached the station just about in time. He has to board Jammu Tawi express, which is about to depart in 10 minutes. He has got 3 months vacation owing to the historic events happening in his country; he decided to spend some days at his maternal uncle's home in Udhampur. As he was rushing through the humongous crowd, he collided with a girl brisk walking in the same direction. He turned back and tried to help her gather her things mumbling sorry in his mouth. He rose up and saw her innocent eyes. And then it happened. The moment every unrealized heart craves for. The moment only few lucky men experience. She enters his life.

"No problem" she said and moved away. He stood there for some time lost. Then train announcement woke him up from his new world. He rushed his way to the train. He thought

I wish she traveled in the same train!