Part 2

Walking into her house, Zara looked at the living room which was filthy. She didn't remember the last time her parents cared to keep the house clean. She let out a sad sigh. She let her mind go through her fonder memories of when she was younger. Her father was less of a workaholic and didn't hide in his study like he did nowadays. She had checked with the assistant of her father while back and found out he was weeks ahead of his work for the company he worked for but, she didn't try to bring it up. 

Then there was her mother. She used to be kind and would love playing with her when she was young. Nowadays though she wouldn't see her mom if she could help it. Every time Zara would see her mother, she would say mean horrible things to Zara. She no longer cared to remember half the things that were said. Taking a deep breath Zara let herself shut down her emotions so she could focus on the school homework that she had to do. Cross was sitting on the desk next to her reading over the things she would put down and making sure she didn't have any errors on it. 

So, what are you going to do about tomorrow? Cross asked. Zara gave him a look. "What the hell are you talking about? Not like I can do crap. your the one that I can't control. " He looked at her with his blank face. "That face is annoying as hell Cross!" Why is that? Not my fault you can't read people. Zara felt her anger growing. "You know half the problems I have wouldn't exist if you would just fuck off!" The truth was I could read people very well. I just didn't make it obvious that I could. People don't like it when you can call out the moves they do before they make it. People believe it or not don't like to be predictable. 

Zara shook her head and looked up at were Cross had been, quickly she wished she hadn't. She apparently hit a very raw nerve on Cross. His eyes had changed from there normally calm blue to blood red. The one thing she didn't like was how they seemed to share thoughts. Cross could see all her memories and hear all thoughts that go through her head when he wants to listen in. She can also hear and see his memories but only when he puts his wall down or in this instance when she really pissed him off. She grabbed her head as soon as the pain started. She bit her lip to try and keep her scream in her throat. Then she saw white and blacked out. 

When Zara came to; she was in her room and it was completely dark. She got up slowly and sat on the edge of her bed. Looking at the clock it was 11 pm.  She groaned while looking around her room and for once she didn't see Cross. She went to her bathroom and looked in the mirror. Her green eyes lazily looked back at her. Black hair was still in her ponytail from earlier and her lightly tan skin looked slightly covered in dirt. Looking away from her reflection. She took a quick shower and dressed in some tight jeans and a fitted shirt. Going out? She looked behind her and saw Cross. At night she would swear that he look almost real instead of a person in her head. She simply nodded. 

Night walks were a common thing for her plus it seemed to help keep Cross calmer than during the day.  She walked for a few miles before coming to a stop by the edge of a road and to a small lake. She sat there for a while just letting her mind think about things here and there. She was pulled by her thoughts when Cross appeared sitting next to her. Do you hate me? Taken back slightly she looked at Cross trying to figure out what he might be thinking, but his wall was up so she had no luck. "No, I don't hate you I just don't get why you seem to be stuck by my side." Tilting his head he asked, What makes you think I'm stuck to you? For all you know I just want to be here to bug you. Smirk settled on Zara's face. " Cross, I have been able to see you and other things all my life if you could leave then you would have done it by now." He just looked out at the lake. we stayed that way for a while. I'm sorry, I make your life hard on you. If I could I would let you live it normally. I do wish that you could have one friend that wouldn't run off due to my existence. If I can I will try and make it more bearable. 

Zara went to look at him again but she was alone in silence. She didn't know how to feel as she walked home. She would never admit it but, without Cross talking and annoying her, it might be worse than trying to make friends. Zara got back home laid in her bed and fell asleep not wanting the sun to rise. Along with Cross's new promise haunting her thoughts.