Staring Contest

Based on the drawing above (by Mashima)

They eyed each other with determination to win. Gray had a serious expression on, just waiting for his opponent to blink. He wasn't one to give up easily, and his mind was set to make this blunette lose. His eyes kept narrowing at him, but Jellal didn't seem to be affected by his glare at all.

Instead, Jellal had a smirk on. It was impressive how his eyes stayed the same, without squinting at least once. And Gray was not pleased. Jellal kept his eyes on the raven haired boy, feeling amused by the amount of times his opponent seemed like wanting to twitch his eyes. But of course, Gray being Gray wouldn't let that happen.

At least that was what he thought. He was seconds away from blinking and what didn't help was Jellal leaning in his face, closer, intimidating him. He almost felt like burning up, just feeling him breathing almost against him.

"Jellal really doesn't seem like he's losing one bit, wow," Levy commented.

"Stripper is going down!" As much as Gray wanted to beat Natsu up for the nickname he gave, he also didn't want to lose the little game he was playing.

"Oh, of course Jellal is not having trouble. For all we know, he's probably enjoying staring at him, with his obvious crush and all," Lucy shrugged.

"W-What?!" Jellal finally tore his eyes away from his said crush to look at the blonde with flushed cheeks, unintentionally blinking thrice in the process.

"HA, I WIN!" Gray yelled, almost destroying the ultramarine's eardrum. Instantly, Jellal went to face the raven haired boy again. As much as he disliked losing, seeing the joy on his opponent's face was not such a bad thing. It was a blessing. Lucy wasn't wrong at all.

--
Hope y'all enjoyed this little drabble of mine <3