Chapter 3: Peace

Once she was ready, she grabbed the keys to her so-called 'apartment', closed the door with a bang- she knew her neighbor hated it -and skipped down the stairs in a hurry, if a stranger would've happened run into her on the way down, he would've definitely mistaken her as someone on the other side of a 'SOS'. Provided the stranger had never seen her before, as anyone who has seen her, knows she is forever in 'sprint mode', even if there was no need. As if she was running from something, only she herself knew that the reason she walked or rather jogged so fast was so that her mind wouldn't have time to think, for when it did think, it was forever the same devastating past that would flash through her mind.

Finally reaching the ground floor, she halted for a second before she continued on her fast-paced walk, after all, 14th floor is a pretty high. As he halted, her eyes fell on the words written on the door. 'Special', it read. For a building that not only looked, but pretty much was the same as hundreds of other buildings for the next god-knows how many blocks, that was a pretty weird name. "Irony" she muttered, "I agree, it's such an ironic name" came a reply. For the first few seconds she thought the voice was in her head, and that she too, like the blonde girl from Grey's Anatomy season 1 had grown a tumor in her head, only her's, was a male voice. When she heard the voice again, saying "Hi, are you new to the building?" she realized it was coming from behind and turned back.

Behind her was a guy dressed in a hooded t-shirt and a pair of blue Levis which matched the color of his eyes. He was a lot of things, he was tall with a smile which looked extremely honest, drop-dead gorgeous with hair as dark as raven and above all, he was exactly what she didn't need right now- a distraction.

"Yea" she replied and walked out the door. As far she knew New Yorkers, they kept to the point and she had made it very clear that she didn't want to have a conversation with him, or so she thought. There was a knock on her back, she turned around and it was him, again. Panting, he said "Don't you make it hard to catch up, slow down." "What do you want?" asked Tiara in the rudest tone possible, he looked a little shocked at her response. Tiara was just about to turn around again when he said  "nothing, I just wanted to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Peace". With one eyebrow arched up, "I'm sorry, did you just say peace?" asked Tiara "Yea, my parents were gypsies, Call of Duty and that's the best they could come up with, since they were both stoned when they were getting my birth certificate made. I'm lucky the guy on the other side of the table wrote down peace, turns out, what my parents had actually come up with was pigeon". 

On hearing this, Tiara gave out a laugh. She didn't remember the last she'd laughed. "So beautiful" he said, "what?" asked Tiara ? "You look so beautiful when you laugh, you should do it more often". Tiara felt her cheeks get hot and a weird feeling in her stomach, a feeling she hadn't felt before."And you are?" he asked. " Tiara, Tiara Blue". "Pretty name,only seems apt. Where are you going ? breakfast?" "Yea, to the diner on the corner of this block." Said Victoria. "Mind if I join you ?" Asked Peace, "I love their apple pie" said both of them together, and even though they had just met, for once, Tiara felt she could trust someone. If only she knew..