chapter 1

I opened my eyes to find myself standing in the centre of seemed to be a war zone although silent there was no sound just pure silence the air was thick with the scent of decay and blood and before me stood the remains of a giant skull which seemed too large for it to be used and had very few similarities to that of a human one

To my right I could see an alter of sorts adorned with a glowing green mark exactly the same as the one printed on my helmet I had no idea why but I felt a need to touch it

My body began to walk towards the alter with me having seemingly no control at all I stood in front of it now my hand began to rise into the air and push towards the familiar marking a demonic voice was heard

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment.

In his ravenous hatred he found no peace, and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him.

He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels, and those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the Doom Slayer.

Tempered by the fires of Hell, his iron will remained steadfast through the passage that preys upon the weak. For alone he was the Hell Walker, the Unchained Predator, who sought retribution in all quarters, dark and light, fire and ice, in the beginning and the end, and he hunted the slaves of Doom with barbarous cruelty; for he passed through the divide as none but demon had before.

And in his conquest against the blackened souls of the doomed, his prowess was shown. In his crusade, the seraphim bestowed upon him terrible power and speed, and with his might he crushed the obsidian pillars of the Blood Temples.

He set forth without pity upon the beasts of the nine circles. Unbreakable, incorruptible, unyielding, the Doom Slayer, sought to end the dominion of the dark realm.

The age of his reckoning was uncounted. The scribes carved his name deep in the tablets of Hell across eons, and each battle etched terror in the hearts of the demons.

They knew he would come, just as he always had, as he always will, to feast on the blood of the wicked. For he alone could draw strength from his fallen foes, and ever his power grew, swift and unrelenting.

None could stand before the horde but the Doom Slayer. Despair spread before him like a plague, striking fear into the shadow dwellers, driving them into deeper and darker pits. But from the depths of the abyss rose The Great One, a champion mightier than all who had come before. The Titan, of immeasurable power and ferocity. He strode upon the plain and faced the Doom Slayer, and a mighty battle was fought on the desolate plains.

The Titan fought with the fury of the countless that had fallen at the Doom Slayer's hand, but there fell the Titan, and in his defeat the shadow horde were routed.

And in his terrible rancor between worlds and through time, the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to his evil cause. The wretch adorned the Doom Slayer in a mighy armor, wrought in the forges of Hell, impenetrable and unyielding.

With sword and shield of adamantine strength, the Doom Slayer set to banishing all that was left unbroken by his savagery to the void.

Yet as the mighty Titan fell and dread engulfed the armies of Doom the Titan swore to the Doom Slayer that even if it took a thousand years or more that he would return from death to kill the Doom Slayer.

Insatiable, even by the vanquishing of the Great One, the Hell Walker sought prey in the tombs of the Blood Keep and blinded by his fervor, the lure drew him in.

The priests brought down the temple upon the Doom Slayer, and in his defeat stripped him of his armour and excecuted him in front of the armies of Hell.

His armour was locked away deep within the chasms of Hell guarded by the most elite of demons so that the cursed suit may never be worn again

However in a moment of weakness a group of mortals stormed the wastelands of Hell and traversed their chasms reclaiming the cursed suit sacrificing their own lives to send the armour back to the mortal plane.

Letting it all sink in I stood their astounded by what I heard. my mind wandered to the mark on both the Praetor suit and the alter the only conclusion was that I was in possession of the Doom Slayer's armour.

Which in a way kind of makes me his successor which would also mean I would have to fight the Titan if it were to ever resurrect. I'm not strong enough, I need more training.

I suddenly held my hands up against my ears as a blood curdling screech travelled over the area looking to the source I saw a group of small looking creatures running towards me at full speed.

I counted around 14 and as they came within about 10m I summoned the Praetor suit causing the creatures to stop running imediatly they then began backing up.

Just looking at them has started making me feel absolute hatred I feel as though I just want to rip them apart.

"-u--f-r" I heard a voice call out as my vision begins to blur

"Lu-if-r" I heard again as my eyes blurred even more

"LUCIFER WAKE UP" my eyes shot open my heart was racing and my breathing heavy I looked to my side to see my little brother Shin shaking me

"Ah Lucifer your up, we have training with Mr Michel this morning" Shin exclames urging me to get out of bed while I say Shin is my little brother I'm only a month older than him and I was actually adopted.

Shin then ran off while I got up and got dressed when the sudden memory of my 'dream' forced it's way inside of my head I just couldn't accept that as being a dream it just seemed so real maybe I could ask grandpa about it later

A/N
Currently both shin and Lucifer are about 9 years old

1111 words