Chapter 3

I walk up to Ivy's house and knock on the door. Her mom opens it and greets me with a warm hello and a hug. I smile and hug her back before walking through the doorway. She tells me that Ivy is in her room. I say okay and head upstairs. Before I even reach her door, she's standing right in front of me asking me a million questions.

I: "What's wrong? What happened?"
C: I fake a little smile. "Nothing, I just don't want to be in that house right now."
I: "Oh okay, well you know you can tell me anything right?"
C: "Yeah I know."

We stay up just visiting about stupid shit before we finally go to bed. I struggle to fall asleep. When I finally do, I end up having a nightmare about the crash, the abuse. I shoot up right, crying, waking Ivy up.

I: "Hey, are you okay?"
I shake my head no.
I: "What's wrong?"
C: I try calming myself down before I ask, "do you remember what happened three years ago on this day?"
I: "Vaguely, yes."
C: "Well after the accident, after dad found out... Dad started drinking, a lot. He blamed the accident on me and he hit me a few times. Whenever he drinks, he gets abusive. Not always physically, mainly verbally."
I: "Is that why you came over? What about Ash?"
C: "Yes and he's over at a friends house."
I absent-mindedly rub my arm and Ivy notices this.
I: "Is there something else you're not telling me?

TO BE CONTINUED...