Save The Date- Morgan Matson

Started: June 1st, 2019
Finished: June 4th, 2019

Summary: Charlie Grant's older sister is getting married at the old family home before it is sold. Charlie just wants this weekend to be perfect, now that all of her siblings are finally home and all together again. She'd do anything to keep things how they were before. But when everything that should be perfect starts going wrong just in time for the wedding, like the wedding planner skipping town, or the dog that suddenly shows up, Charlie starts to discover things about the family she thought she knew by heart.

I did a really bad job at that, but I swear the book better than my summary.

Genre: Contemporary

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars, because I thoroughly enjoyed it, I just wish certain things were better dealt with.

Characters: Charlie Grant, the lead, is very relatable and I really loved her a lot beacuse I saw a lot of myself in her. When she was sad, I felt sad, when she was annoyed I was annoyed. Very relatable character.

Her 4 other siblings are amazing as well, and I really love Danny and Charlie's relationship in the book. Also J.J is definitely making it onto my list of fictional crushes.

I just loved the dynamics between each character and reading the dialogue between everyone, especially the siblings, was so much fun.

Humor: I thought it was funny, and I definitely laughed a lot at certain parts, but overall I didn't think it was over the top, it was just the right amount of humor.

Romance: I mean, she's super into her brother's best friend and they kinda have a thing, but it was kinda tiresome because you know how they end up. THIS WAS NOT THE MAIN FOCUS OF THIS BOOK!! Also there's the wedding planner's nephew, and they are pretty good friends :)
I was happy that romance wasn't the main focus of this book because I found it refreshing to not have a love triangle.

Favourite Parts: Without spoiling anything, my favourite part had to either be CTF or Good Morning America. (Not spoilers, we know at the beginning that it's coming.)

Parts I didn't like: I found that certain things weren't really wrapped up the way things should be, so I'm in desperate need of a sequel now, haha. Also certain things were kind of predictable, which made things seem less like a big deal. Also one thing about Charlie that I didn't like all too much is that she doesn't really realize certain things that are obvious but I forgive her because she was blinded by love. She also gets a tad bit annoying in one or two parts but other than that its all great.

Favourite Character: Either Charlie or J.J or Linnie. (I felt so bad for Linnie the whole book considering the behind the scenes of her wedding was basically a comedy of errors/a disaster)

Favourite (non-romantic) Relationship: Charlie and Danny- I've always loved sibling friendships. Or maybe even Linnie and Charlie, their sisterly bond is great, too.

Additional Notes: This book was amazing and I know some people didn't really like it, but it quickly made its way to being one of my favourite books. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK. As a fangirl/book worm, this had almost everything I could want in a contemporary- friendship, family, a deeper meaning and humor. Also this book made me feel things, just a warning. Feely book. I will definitely read this book again in a year or two.

Recommended: Yes! Definitely! 100%!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: This book obviously isn't for everyone, so don't tell me in the comments that I'm wrong for liking this book cause it was bad. A lot of people might actually love it!