Chapter 2

This chapter might be kind of short so sorry!

Chapter 2 of Some Fairy Tale

I rummage through my wardrobe for the dress my aunt in Florida bought me. Today is officially Hazel's birthday and I promised I will be ready to help her get ready in an hour. I look at the corner and I found it, the strapless, pink dress. I zip it on and curled my hair. Putting on my pink heels, I grab my phone and the keys and chuck it into my purse. Grabbing the purple dress I made for Hazel, I jump into my car and zoom into the driveway, my hands sweaty with fear.

I park my car near her house as I pulled out the dress. I gasped in shock as I see her house decorated. Colourful lights surrounded the rooftop and a banner that said 'Happy Birthday, Hazel!' was tightened between the two trees on her porch. I took my step on the porch as I wobbled over my heels. Pushing myself up, I carried on walking as I stepped in her house.

I nearly fainted as I saw all those people dancing, beer glasses stuck to their hands. I spotted a teenager kid, probaly the age as me swallowing a whole drink of champagne. Shaking that out of my head, I went upstairs to Hazel's room.

I saw her, sobbing, her face in her hands. I slammed the door and ran towards her.

"What's the matter, Hazel?" I rub her arms softly.

She picks up her hands and faced me. "It's just--my parents aren't here as they had another meeting. It's like a family tradition--they weren't here for a few of my other birthdays." She sniffs as I hug her tightly, never letting go of her arms. She slowly pulled away.

"Hazel." I hold her hands tight. "Just because your parents aren't here, doesn't mean you can sit here, sobbing." She sniffs again. "They are in two places, in their nevertheless meetings and especially here, in your heart." I touched her heart softly. Letting go of her hands, I pull the dress next to me. Her frown went totally upside down when she had her first glance at her dress.

"Steph, you shouldn't have to do this." She points at the dress.

"Don't worry, I made it. It's not expensive so you have to pay. Anyways, I'm your best friend." I hugged her again as I pulled away quickly. "But first, let's see if this dress fits you. This dress is kind of small though..."

We laughed and she swatted my arm. She unzipped in front if me (obviously we have been besties for like forever) and pulled into the dress. I done her makeup for her and helped her wear her accessories. Curling her hair, I told her to check if it is good or not.

"It's great," she says, smiling. She slipped on her court shoes as I led her downstairs as a bright spotlight shined on her. Her parents must be deadly rich.

I saw that everybody was waiting, no drinking, no dancing like some frantic monkeys (LOL!). Just calm chattering. Everybody gasped as she picked up her dress, me beside her. Everybody claps as she goes to her three layered, purple flower cake. She picked up the knife, nearly cutting the cake. She suddenly stopped.

What are you doing? I mouthed her. She randomly nods as a confused face is smeared all over my face.

Come here. She mouthed me back. I did as I was told and stepped up next to her shyly. Putting my hand on top of her's, we cut the cake and everybody cheered. We stepped off the stage when Asher was approaching. His hair was gelled like always and he was wearing a suit with a red tie. He looked hot but I wouldn't cheat on Ronnie.

Where is Ronnie anyway? Thought he would come.

"Happy B-Day, babe." She leans over to kiss him as I close my eyes, trying not see my bestfriend kiss her boyfriend. I peeked out as I saw they weren't there. Such a coincidence.

Looking for Ronnie, I sighed. I slumped on a chair, when somebody poked me on the shoulder.

"Suprise!" Ronnie was there, his hair messy. I stood up to hug him, but he actually span me around.

"What is wrong with you?" I laugh.

"Just nothing. Only wanting to suprise my girlfriend with a rightful kiss!" He bowed and kissed me before I could say no. His arms was around my waist and my hands was around his neck. It lasted for a long time when someone poked me again.

What is wrong with people these days?

Stopping the kiss, I whirled around to see Hazel, giggling, trying not to burst.

"What is wrong with you?" I whisper shout. I turned around to see that Ronnie has gone, maybe playing around with Asher. I turn back to Hazel, who is still giggling.

"Sorry, it's just that the party has ended and you have to go. Bye!" She waved.

I waved back without saying bye. Yawning my way into my car, I zoomed off, waiting of what would happen next.

End of Chapter 2

Hiya guys soz that this is a small chapter. But I don't have to be really sorry coz that's my name!

Anyways, if you wanna talk to me about anything, I have Instagram. My Instagram account is: @strawberry_smartness. Totally weird name right?

So, if you want to make a cover for me, just send it and I will be sure to say that you have made this cover.

Bye sweeties xxx