Before

I'M CURRENTLY EDITING THE CHAPTERS SO THAT THEY MAKE MORE SENSE. I'M SO SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL STILL ENJOY THEM :)

Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out.

Running wasn't exactly one of my specialities. Practically forcing myself to hold my dress up while being half-blinded from all the tears didn't help either. While I was known for being a klutz and a complete know-it-all, I, for some reason, never actually took the time to learn what to do when a complete psychopath was chasing you.

Of course, common sense would be to call the police or possibly defend myself; it's not as if I could do either at the moment. My phone was back at the party and stopping to fight an insane person didn't sound too appealing.

While trying to process a cluster of thoughts on how I was going to get out of this position, a couple of cabins came into view making me quite ecstatic.

Wistfully, I immediately regretted coming to this party. As I entered through the door of one of the cabins, after spending some time violently slamming on it, I noticed that it looked exactly like one of the cabins that you would see when you go to a summer camp.

"What are you doing in here?"

Rapidly turning around, I saw that it was none other than Finn Wallace; the mastermind behind the party.

"I'm being chased by a killer." Is what I could've said, but of course since I completely despise him, not needing his help at all, I instead said, "I'm playing tag."

"Playing what?"

"Tag."

A moment of silence passed by as I waited for a response.

"Right, and I'm just going to pretend you didn't break into my cabin," he said in a sarcastic tone.

"Good, now if you let me be, I will be spending some time in this cabin," I replied shifting around in my spot.

I don't need help from this guy. I just need to wait it out and hopefully the psycho will let me live.

"Chloe, you do realize that you look like you've been crying and that your hair seems as if a bird decided to sit in it while you were-" he paused taking in my outfit. "Let me guess, running through the forest?"

I nonchalantly sat down, "Yes, it seems that your assumption is correct."

"Alright, so are you going to tell me who you're running from?"

"Nope."

"Okay and what if I force it out?"

"That's not possible," I replied.

He strode towards me taking my wrists and pushing me down onto the seat.

His breathing is calm as he stared into my eyes.

"Someone is chasing you, aren't they? That's why you look like a complete mess and decided to viciously break into my cabin," he breathed out, his face extremely close to mine.

"Not true," I said struggling to push him off.

"You know that you're extremely easy to read," he mentioned while still trying to hold me down.

"Of course not, I keep my emotions to myself and try not to show any expressions," I lied as it was clear that I was crying just a few minutes ago.

He took a moment before replying, "And you're sure that no one was chasing you?"

"I'm positive."

"Then why is there a guy standing behind us?" he wearily replied

"What?" I asked glancing behind his shoulder. Just as Finn said, there is a guy standing behind us. How could I not hear him come in? Tears started prickling my eyes as I grabbed onto Finn's shoulders.

He leaned down until he was right underneath my ear, "I guess we were too caught up in the moment to even lock the door behind us."

---

And that is a wrap! Hope you guys enjoyed this short prologue as much as I enjoyed writing it.

UPDATE: I did go back and re-write chapters as I was not satisfied with it. What you are reading is not the original chapter and I'm sorry for the change of events in future chapters. For those of you who came back to the beginning, I'm extremely sorry to have to change the book on you but it will still sort of be the same. For the new readers, welcome! I hope that you all enjoy this book :)