Chapter 5

Carissa's pov
We had finally bought a car and was both doing really well in our driving lessons. To celebrate me Caitlin and Izzy went out to McDonalds as we both passed our driving test. We had so much fun for a couple of months just going out and shopping when one day Mathew told me to deliver a bag to someone.

"Here's the bag. Make sure you don't open it. And just give it to the guy at the door. And I'm gonna say this again. Do NOT open the bag."
"Okay. But why? What's in it? Is it very valuable? What happens if I drop it?" I panicked.
"Don't worry about that, because you won't drop it, and most importantly you WON'T look inside the bag." he said clearly irritated.
"Okay." I stuttered.

I was on my way driving to the address and parked outside the house. It looked very old and didn't look like it was touched as it wasn't very clean. I got out of the car and took the bag but I stumbled over a rock and I dropped the bag. I made myself got up with just some scratches on my hand and bent over to pick up the bag. It was tilted on the floor and the item was out of the bag. It was a sharp, bladed knife. My stomach churned and I quickly slipped the bag through the letterbox and drove off.

As I was driving I was questioning a lot of things. Something didn't seem right about this Mathew so i decided to go back home and talk to Caitlin about it.

When I got home, Caitlin was already at the door waiting for me.
"There you are! What took you so long?" she exclaimed.
"I had to deliver something from Mathew." I muttered.
"Hey...what happened?"
"Caitlin. There was a knife in the bag."
Caitlin stood still for a minute. "So?"
"SO!? What do you mean SO? What do you think it could have been used for?"
"What all knives are used for Carissa."
"Well what are they used for then."
"Cutting food?"
"Caitlin. What if the knife is going to be used in some other type of way."
"Like what?" 
"You know how there are so many knife crimes going on in our area. What if the knife is going to be used to stab someone."
"Oh don't be so silly. I'm sure somebody is just going to cook a good dinner with it."

"Is everything alright here ladies?"
"Huh?" we both said together.
Mathew had barged through our door somehow and had managed to listen to our conversation.

"Everything's fine Mathew. No need to worry. Carissa is just worried if she sent it to the wrong address...But I checked and she didn't." Caitlin gave a quick smile and nudged my elbow.
"Well I hope she didn't." he said and then glared towards me. "Or look in the bag." and then left without a word.

"Your right." Caitlin said. "Something is definitely going on." 
"Uh-huh. What do we do now? I mean what if he gives us other packages to deliver. They could be worse than knives Cait!"
"Don't worry. We will just call Izzy. She will know what they are used for."