Family Over Fear

Beastboy and Cyborg were waiting at the tower. "Can we go save her now?" Cyborg would say ever five-minutes. "Dude, I want to help her just as bad as you, but we have to wait until we know it's safe." Garfeild was pacing back in forth, worried out of his mind. He knew he needed to save her, but Cinderblock would easily take him and Cy. "Hey, What's that?" Cyborg pointed at the sky, where in the distance, there were three figures, two appeared to be flying, and one was holding the other. "There Back!" Beastboy smiled. He looked up at his best friend, and said "Look Cy, I have to go. You didn't see me, and I was never here. I'll be back. Watch Raven for me. Later." With that, the changeling had tooken flight with the form of a bat.

  "Cinderblocks' threats have been terminated!" Starfire exclaimed gleeful upon landing. "W-where did you go?" Raven had asked, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. Remembering His friends words, Cyborg started to open his mouth, but shut it quickly. Thinking of a reasonable lie would be hard, but he needed one fast. "I-I uh, I... I ran back to the um, tower to...uh... To see if I could radio Star and Robin. Ole Rocky knocked out my communicator." He fiddled with his hands nervously and looked away. "I never got a call, Cyborg." Robin replied, not really believing it. "The electricity was off when I got here. I finally got it back on when I saw you three." The three looked passingly at each other, then shrugged shoulders. "Ravens safe now. Still no sign of Beast Boy." Just hearing his name drove Raven crazy. Hearing Robin say that made her almost burst into tears. She flew off without looking back. "Where is friend Raven going?" Starfire asked Robin. "I'm not sure. She's been pretty bummed about BB lately, we should just let her be alone." Starfire looked away, obviously saddened.

  Cyborg looked at his feet and sighed. "Look guys, I'm going out to find him." Robin and his girlfriend shot a look of worry at him. "Look Cyborg, we know he was your bestfriend. But we don't want you to go missing t-" "Look, I can handle it. I'll fix my communicator so you can radio me if there's trouble." Robin scratched his neck and looked at Starfire for an opinion. "Maybe it is best for him to find our missing friend." With a moment of silence passing through, Robin agreed. "Be safe Cyborg." Cyborg pat Robins back and headed towards the door. "Will do, boss." He said with a fake smile.