Chapter Four, Akko

I don't want to talk about what happened with... him. I know I should, but it hurts, it scares me that he was able to get so close to- no. I know I am lucky that Andrew got there, but I'm upset with him.

I went potions class and waved at Diana, who looked slightly uncomfortable being the third wheel of... um what? Was that? It looked like Hannah and Barbara were kissing in the corner near Diana's table. Okay, that's finally happening.

I went over to Sucy and Lotte, who had shoved Frank out of their table and into another with Sucy's roommate. Still have no clue what his name is, should probably learn that soon.

"Hey Sucy, Lotte!" I called out as I approached them. They wave at me and beckon me to join them at their table. I'm fine with this, I don't want to share a table with Andrew at the moment.

"Hey, Akko. What's up? You look... shaken" Lotte asks when I get to the table.

"I am fine! There was just a mishap with Zeak earlier! He wanted a tour and... well... he may be expelled soon" I reply, starting to set up my stuff so I don't have to look at them.

"Oh no! What happened?" Lotte asks as she starts making sure everything is in its proper place.

"Um-"

The teacher calls for silence as she starts the class, effectively saving me from trying to explain what... he... attempted to do to me. I glance around for Andrew as we start our potion, realizing that he is late to class for once. Strange, maybe he was taking care of him?

Either way, our Puppet Magic potion was finally brewing and it was looking like it would turn out well, but it was too early to tell. Our other potions looked that way and one almost killed us! As the potion turned red and started to bubble, Andrew walked into class. He went to our table and seemed to be surprised that I wasn't there. What, did he think I was going to cool down that quickly? He just tried to 'save' me when I didn't need him! No one was there for me before and I don't need anyone now.

"Andrew Hanbridge!" I turn around to see what Professor Lukic was yelling at Andrew for. 

"Y- yes, Professor Lukic?" Why did he sound so meek? What was he doing that he was caught so off guard by her shouting at him?

"Are you going to continue making goo goo eyes at Miss Kagari or are you going to make the Puppet Magic Potion?" Professor Lukic demanded. 

My face goes red as Sucy and Lotte giggle with some of the others in class. He wasn't making goo goo eyes at me! Was he? He may be warming up to me but he definitely did not see me in that way.

"Akko, are you sure there isn't anything between you and Andrew?" Sucy cackled, as if ou- my embarrassment was a new mushroom.

"There isn't! So don't be getting any ideas, Sucy!" I say as I start stirring the potion with vigor. There isn't anything so there is no reason to get my hopes up, not that they were up in the first place!