Chapter 3: Dream On (Mercedes POV)

"Jaclyn?" I asked as I walked inside the house. I sat my jacket down asking, "What are you doing here?" They were sitting on the floor right across the television.

Jaclyn and Rose smirked at each other. Rose answered, "We were just having girl talk."

I scoffed, "Girl talk? What exactly were you talking about?" I sat next to Rose.

Jaclyn answered, "It took me a while to come to terms with it, but I'm bisexual."

I chuckled softly. Rose also laughed. Jaclyn rolled her eyes. I replied, "I know. I've known for years." I leaned in and whispered, "I have exceptional gaydar."

Jaclyn scoffed. She reached over for a glass of wine. She said, "I dated a girl. Her name was Dani. We didn't last long though because I couldn't be honest with her. We only kissed.

"The farthest I've ever been with someone is a kiss. Yes, I'm a virgin. Yes, I've never experimented. Yes, I've never been in love. I just haven't found the right person."

I nodded my head. I said, "Wow, and you've been nineteen for five years. That's hard to believe."

Rose and I looked at each other and smiled. Jaclyn exclaimed, standing up, "Wow, wow, wow! Y'all realized I can still read minds, right? I just choose not to, except for now. The answer's no, by the way."

Rose and I both stood up. We caressed her arms. Rose asked, "Are you sure? This could be one of the best experiences of your life. No one else is around. Just me, you, and Mercedes."

Jaclyn closed her eyes, moaning softly. She whispered, "It's like you're touching every nerve in my body."

"So is that a yes?" I asked.

She turned to me, brushing her lips against mine, wrapping her arms around me. I pulled away and whispered, "This is new for you, and we just wanna make sure you're comfortable. So we can be comfortable. Are you ready?"

"I've been waiting twenty-four years. I'm pretty sure you can answer that for yourselves, "Jaclyn replied.

"MERCEDES!" I sluggishly opened my eyes. "MERCEDES!" I jumped quickly in my bed.

I panted, looking around. I brushed my hand out of my face and asked, "What time is it?"

"It's seven o'clock at night. I needed to talk to you. And I'm sorry if I woke you up so soon. You must've had a dream. It must've been a really good dream," I smiled remembering it and immediately resented Rosalie for waking me up. She whispered, "I apologize."

But I can never stay mad at her forever. I asked, "What's this about?"

She climbed on top of me, wedging herself over my legs. I slumped over, trying to make myself comfortable. She caressed my right arm, gently and answered, "Well, we've been together for a about four years now. It's our anniversary week. And I want to make it special."

I glanced around and noticed candles, rose petals, tracing, "I love you, Mercedes." I smiled. My face was flushed. I was utterly grateful for what Rosalie did.

Then, after a few moments if thinking, I whispered, "You manipulated my dream again, didn't you?"

She nodded her head. I scoffed. "Well it worked. I guess you really wanted me to get off." I smiled. After a few moments, I added, "I don't think Jaclyn is a virgin. She's a vampire for crying out loud. Unless you're Edward Cullen, I don't see how you can go so long without ever being intimate with anymore."

Rosalie scoffed. "She isn't the only one that can read minds, you know. I can, but vaguely. I'm better at manipulation than telepathy. Like right then, you were thinking of sex when you were sleeping, and you were upset that I woke you up because of it.

"But, don't worry, I don't do it as often as you think."

I scoffed, "Oh really? Well, at least you compel good dreams. I'm not one to complain."

She laced her hands into mine, and she pressed her lips against mine. I moaned softly, pulling away, and whispered, "Thank you so much."