Chapter 11: Really Wet (Archer's POV)

I lied in the bathtub, thinking about this year. Everything is happening so l fast. It's my last season as a Brooklyn Raider, I have homecoming, prom, and graduation to look forward to.

However, I want more than anything to lose my virginity before I graduation high school. But I want to take Mercedes advice because she's right: I don't want to bang any girl. I want to make love to a girl.

I thought that Lily was my girl, but she didn't want me. She wanted another girl, but she didn't want to admit it to herself. Good thing I wasn't in love with her because it would've been a different story. But I am falling in love. No, I'm lying: I AM in love.

Diana Lawless. She's unquestionably a beautiful black woman with crispy golden eyes. I loved how her hair fell in curls on her shoulders. Nervousness always unfurls in me when she touches me, whether it's taking my hand or hugging me.

The door sung open, revealing Diana, angry. She shouted, "Archer, what the hell is wrong with you?"

I tossed over, embarrassed that she's seeing me naked. I asked, "What the hell? How the hell did you get in here? What are you talking about?"

She replied, "Aw... You're such an idiot, Archer! Do you realize how much I wished that we weren't friends? Do you realize that I can't be you're friend? We can't be friends Archer!"

"Why not?" I stood up. She looked away, uncomfortably. Grabbing my towel, wrapping around my waist, I walked closer to Diana. I asked, "You are one of the greatest people I ever met. Why can't we?"

"Because I'm falling in love with you," she answered, to my surprise. I guess I am an idiot. "Okay, and I may have horrible timing, but you just don't know how much I want you to kiss me, and rip these clothes off of me.

"I'm probably the only vampire virgin because I never, ever," she shook her head.

When our eyes finally met, she asked, "Will you please say something?"

Hesitating for a moment, I tried to figure out was this really happening. I walked even closer to Diana. I gently grabbed her chin, running my thumb throw her lips.

Concentrating on them, I leaned in and brushed my lips against them. Slowly and gently before she allowed me delve my tongue into her mouth. Since her tiny arms couldn't reach my neck, she wrapped her arms around my waist.

I pulled away, swopping her from the ground. She chuckled. I whispered, "I love you, Diana Lawless."

"Archer? Archer?" Someone was shaking me. "Archer. Wake up! Wake up!" Grudgingly, I opened my eyes, and realize that what I was having was really a dream.

I tossed over, moaning and groaning. Suddenly, I opened my eyes and I realized that it was Diana. My heart immediately slammed against my chest. Normally, she would sneak into my room during the night, to my knowledge, of course. However, it was different tonight: I had dream about her.

I looked down and realized a conspicuous point on my covers. Covering it with my pillow, I asked, "Diana, you...um... Is that why you were waking me up?"

She nodded uncomfortably. "I tried not to look, Archer. I really did. I'm sorry that I woke you up from a really good dream. But don't feel embarrassed. It's not like I've never seen one before.

Archer looked around before asking, "So you actually..."

"Yes. I was a senior in college, though."

"Did you love him?" I asked.

"After that experience, I've never been with anyone. And I've never been with anyone," she answered. "So no, I didn't love him."

I wanted to ask her more questions. However, I didn't want her to suspect anything. I didn't want her to know that I loved her, especially in an awkward situation like this.

I didn't want to ruin anything between us because she was my best friend, regardless of how I felt about her. The last thing I wanted is to lose her.