Chapter 2

"Soren? Are you okay?" I heard Sicilia's voice break through the sea of chaos and people.

"My little Bluebird!!" Garcia screamed, running up to me.

No. That wasn't right, I wasn't standing. I was sitting. I had fallen from where I had been standing and was clutching the altar like any second it was going to shoot into the sky like a rocket.

Why would you say that? You can't marry her not with everything that's happened.

But... I could marry her and then... I can't love her. I don't know how.

"Soren, please!" Sicilia cried, looking down at me.

"Please wake up. Don't block me out. Please." Garcia tried to comfort her as Rico pushed the groom and the people out of the church.

Just look up. Just do something.

"He can't hear me! I don't think he can hear me!"

"My bluebird, please for the love of god get up!" Garcia began to panic and I heard Rico run to the landline phone

"Call his sister! And his mother!" Garcia screamed at him.

"Get him an ambulance! Do anything!!!" Sicilia pleaded.

Move. Move. Get up. Get up for Sicilia. And Garcia. And Zoe. My legs didn't work though I just felt my eyelids close as I became very tired.

The sound closed off and I slept for what seemed like hours. The blackness held me close and I relaxed my tense muscles. Just a little panic attack. You'll be fine.

Their acting like I could die any second. Well you won't, so get up.

But the closer to reality I got... the more I felt memories trying to break through my inner wall. Memories I had cast out for years.

Soren is fifteen he knows Rico not alot but enough. His dad doesn't care that hes been gone past curfew. Sicilia gently squeezes his hand as they hop on the bus. Soren tries to fall asleep but is awaken by two stern men. One is Sicilia's father and the other is one of Rico's younger men. He goes by the name Joe.

"HES OKAY EVERYONE!" Rico shouted I heard a stampede of footsteps cascade over to me

I felt myself sit up and glanced at the crowd of faces. I recognized Sicilia, Zoe, Rico, and Garcia. "Soren?" Garcia asked reaching out to touch my arm

I felt my heart speed up and I ran through the crowd, outside. A light breeze blew and I felt a drizzle of cold rain drip on my head. My legs pumped and I ran down the street with no real destination. "Soren! Soren!" I heard a voice call in the distance.

I fell to my knees panting trying to ignore the pain in my kneecaps. It probably wasn't the best idea to collapse onto pure concrete.

Zoe ran up to me and crouched down next to me. She didn't say anything as she breathed heavily. "Are you...Okay?"vShe said in between breaths.

"No."

She smiled and put an arm around me. "You ditched me at our mom's. My mom's, I mean." She corrected herself.

"Yes I did."

"I had to survive through hundreds of awkward conversations. And yet you're the one who cracks." She said, shaking her head.

I felt anger bubble up inside me. "You have no idea how sucky this year has been for me." I spat.

"Yes I do. I was there. And you have no idea how sucky my whole life has been." She said tears running down her cheeks.

"You weren't there Soren. You aren't here for me. " She continued.

"I'm sorry, I'll be here for you. I.. I promise."I stuttered guilt taking over me

"I stopped going to school." She said quietly.

I turned and grabbed her by the shoulders. "Are you crazy?!" I yelled.

"I want you to take the money."