Chapter 1

"Mellissa" he said as he took my bag and hugged me. Jonathan was never the romantic type, but I guess not seeing me for so long really took a toll on him. You know the feeling you get when you haven't had something in forever and you're so excited to get it back? Yeah. That's not the case with me. I never had a life outside of the mad house I called home for fifteen years. And quite frankly, I didn't really want one.

Neither of us could drive, so we walked to Jonathan's house. My new home. He showed me my room, then he introduced me to his parents and his little sister Casey. Casey was a baby-faced ten-year-old little brat who followed me like a lost puppy and watched me while I slept.

Jonathan suggested that we go shopping. So we walked to the walmart right down the road from his house straight to the cosmetics. Oddly enough, he knew more about it than I did! He bought me the basics and showed me how to use them as I probably needed some because I had a face full of acne and some pretty big scars on my cheek and forehead from nights in the mad house when I was just so tired of life that I would claw at my skin to take my mind off of it. This was the main reason Jonathan would come to my room in the first place.

We had only been home for a few hours . Jonathan went to God knows where while I got to know my new family. After some time, I went to my room and found a dress with shoes and a note that read "be on the porch with this on at 7. Don't forget your makeup."