The Trap

Last Time:

The bird reached the village limits ...

A black figure jumped up and snagged the bird ...

The figure took the message ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Tsunade frowned as she listened to the reports of the rescue team, "Something isn't right about this ... how did these people know of the route the Daimyo's daughter carriage would take and this girl Naruko ... how did she know to intervene?"

Minato frowned, "The only way to know is to find her, but it's very likely she's dead."

"True, but we don't have a body so there is the possibility she was taken and is being pressed for information." said Sakumo.

"Yes that's possible ... after you escort Eve home I'll arrange a search and rescue team and hopefully we will find her alive. Get going and make sure Eve gets back safely." Tsunade ordered.

"Yes, hokage-sama!"

XXXXXXXXXX

The team of Leaf ninja all agreed that they wanted to move as fast as possible so Kakashi carried Eve on his back for the first part of the trip and then Minato will carry her ...

"Are you ok, Eve?" asked Rin as they began moving through the trees.

Eve nodded sadly from her place on Kakashi's back, "Yeah, I was just wondering about that girl ... is it possible she's ok?" She asked hopefully.

Obito grinned, "Of course it is! We already have a mission to look for her once you're safe so don't worry!" The Daimyo daughter smiled, but she didn't notice the glances between the ninja ... the chances of her being alive were slim ...

"A little bit longer and we'll stop- look out!" yelled Minato as a huge black saber tooth tiger sprang out of the bushes and tried to grab Kakashi's ankle making his passenger scream. The jonin vanished in a puff of smoke leaving a log in his place. The tiger landed on the ground and looked up at them as if it was picking a target.

Kakashi looked back at Eve who was gripping his jacket with her face buried in his back, "It's alright, Eve. See?"

Eve slowly peeked over his shoulder, "That was scary." She mumbled making Kakashi chuckle.

Obito flinched as the tiger licked its chops and charged towards him, "Bad Kitty! I'm not tasty! Holy shit!" Obito jumped to a much higher branch to avoid a white dagger like claw.

Minato chuckled, "Maybe we should find a campsite that has more cover." He sweat dropped as the tiger sat down and waited for someone to come down.

Izuna scowled, "Seriously? The campsite is really close!"

"So are they" muttered Sakumo.

The Uchiha raised an eyebrow, "They?"

*rrriiip* Izuna wasn't paying attention so he missed the arrival of a second large black saber tooth tiger who managed to get close enough to him to bite his pants effectively ripping them off!

"Put some pants on man! There's a lady present!" Obito yelled at his half naked cousin who was trying to cover his privates.

Eve blushed and closed her eyes, "It's smaller than I expected." She mumbled making Kakashi, Sakumo, Obito and Minato laugh.

Rin bit back a giggle as she fished out a spare pair of pants, "Don't give these to our fluffy friends." She said as the saber tooth tigers were done searching the pants for food and back to watching them.